It s been a rough old ride

Posted , 7 users are following.

Just to bring all the lovely members on here who offer great support up to date.   Had my vaginal hysterectomy with anterior and posterior wall repairs on 24 th February.  All went really well and I was discharged two days later.  Apart from the expected no bowel action for a few days everything was fantastic and I was on no pain relief and really felt like nothing had happened - until Six days post op that is.  Started to bleed that day, quite heavily whereas I had had virtually nothing.  That night I developed a really high fever of 39 degrees and felt generally unwell.  G p diagnosed an infection and I was put on two antibiotics.  Just slept all the next day.  Woke up very short of breath.  Next day breathing worse, bleeding worse so trip to A and E where various tests and x ray were done.  They showed I had probably got a pulmonary embolism and I was admitted to the chest ward to await a scan next day.  The following day it was decided I had a chest infection from the anaesthetic.  Antibiotic was changed.  Gynae came to examine me, put me on another antibiotic for an internal infection and something to clot the blood for the bleeding.  It was decided I needed an ultrasound scan.  Later that day and all the following day I had the most horrendous diarrhoea.  The scan was done yesterday, first a pelvic scan and then when something was seen an internal scan.  I have a large haematoma in the vaginal vault which is draining and causing all the bleeding.  Still bleeding, although not as bad.  Still very frequent toilet trips. - today has been eight so far. -  but apart from that feel ok now.  Results of vaginal and stool specimens are still not available.  Hope all you lovely ladies are progressing well.  Thinking of you all.   Claire

2 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thanks Jacqui.  Definitely more like myself.  I also took a little trip to the little local ASDA with hubby this morning.  Tonight and tomorrow will be feet up and do nothing..  Claire xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.