It's done...today

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi, had my 1st TKR today between 12 and 2pm (now 8.30pm... Been awake all day but only just got my iPad). I'm so buzzed to have finally had it, I was so worried it would get cancelled for some reason.

The op was so cool! I was wide awake and felt absolutely everything, even the opening scalpel cut. Zero pain of course (that wouldn't have been cool) but all touch senses still worked. And could hear senior surgeon instructing his junior so I new everything that was going on. Anyone else experienced that?

My leg aches a little bit, despite the pain meds, but not enough to dampen my spirits so far.

1 like, 75 replies

75 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I didn't have staples. My surgeon used a Zipline. The dressing was changed every day. The nursing staff at the rehab I went to were all fascinated with my scar, ad they had not seen the Zipline used for TKR before. When the doctor removed it, it was just like taking off a piece of tape. It was much like a zip lock bag.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.