It’s just hormones!

Posted , 18 users are following.

Does anyone have any tips on convincing yourself the horrible symptoms are just homones? I can’t get my head round all the changes happening to me are perimenopause. I am convinced in a daily basis that I am dying. Why does your mind always jump to the worst conclusion. I have a vibration in my stomach and convinced myself it is a aortic aneurysm it’s crazy. I am totally self absorbed with my symptoms nothing else seems to matter at the moment x

6 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, 

I sooooo relate to you and I think I've just sent a blank reply before this one as I'm so confused & vague!! 

On my second lot of HRT patches and my body is refusing to cooperate with them again..... 

so many worrying symptoms that I just get consumed with panic sometimes. Apart from odd occasions I have sailed through life health wise but now I've hit the meno-wall and it's just horrid. I just can't function and I'm a totally different person, I

Long for the former me to return! 😖

Stay strong girls, try to smile every day and when it all gets too much - there's always chocolate! 

AJ. x??x

• Edited

I'm exactly the same Caroline always jump to worst case scenario every pain and symptom sends me into a panic. I just keep telling myself that I've been going through this for 4 years and I'm still alive so it can't be anything more serious than hormones x

• Posted

Hi,   I have had this very thought today.....I have been going through this now for 4 years, and as the years add on so do the symptoms.  I have seen many doctors, therapists and alternative practioner s, I have had so many blood tests that would fill a couple glasses, I have been xrayed, ultra sound, hooked to heart monitors, ecg,s and stress test.....I have had colon screening, Pap tests, and swabs, mammograms....all is normal....but my body has never felt the same before all of this.   If I get a week of peace in a month I feel blessed....but there is always something, either my mouth is burning, have cluster headaches, ear aches, cramping, pains anywhere or everywhere.  I feel because our hormones are all over the place we are super super sensitive to feeling anything going on in our body....it's like we are on high alert with everything physically and mentally.   I get reassurance for a little while after good results, but when the symptoms return or new ones come I worry that something wasn't picked up...then I get sad feeling topped with worry.  My doctors refuse to retest and say your results were normal and send me on my way.   I have had to self talk and tell myself everything is okay.   Like one of the ladies put on here, I pray a lot, read scripture and try not to google anymore.  I try and put my focus on hobbies and things that make me happy.....but the last few days I have been feeling cramping in lower pelvis and it started 10 days before my period which I started not normal for me....so here I am again...wondering and worrying and wrote down my gynocologists number down to call if this doesn't improve....sigh....seeing that this can go on for a decade or more......sigh!

• Posted

Linda... So the same.... Great to know we are not alone in all of this... X
  • Posted

I feel for you Caroline, but I know how you feel.  My last incident, I had a sore throat and convinced myself I had thyroid cancer...you know me and Dr. Google diagnosed me.  Of course I woke up a day later with a full blown cold.  I now resort to the worst possible condition when I don't feel well.  I have never had health anxiety in my life up until this point.  It is frustrating.

I try not to google my symptoms anymore, as a few of the ladies here have said.  Not one time, has any online symptom checker been right. 

I don't know about you, but lately I have not been feeling like doing anything that I absolutely do not have to do.  It is difficult for me to deal with people, as I am moody and easily irritated.  I don't think that helps.

Bless you and I am praying for all of ussmile

• Posted

Hi ladies,,, same here with what both of you are saying..,, it gets so tiring ... worry worry worry... I notice every little twinge in my body..  

Good luck to all of is🙏🙏. I wish there was one pill we could take that would make us all feel better with NO side affects 😔

• Posted

Oh can I relate. My family was  entirely sick of hearing about my symptoms and what I googled that day. It took me about a year and reading this every day to realize it was hormonal. I read this forum multiple times daily and it really helps. Simple Things like staying hydrated, trying to relax with a cup of tea and a funny television show, and just really telling myself I want to worse just a reminder that I will be fine. I know how awful it is to have scary it feels I promise you you’ll get through each day and soon you will be feeling better about it… Maybe not entirely and you will still have physical issues and they say but it does get a bit better knowing that it is one more things like staying hydrated, trying to relax with a cup of tea and a funny television show, and just really telling myself I want to worse just a reminder that I will be fine. I know how awful it is to have scary feels I promise you you’ll get through each day and soon you will be feeling better about it… Maybe not entirely and you will still have physical issues ending say but it does get a bit better knowing that it is hormonal. Reach out here anytime..take care😊

• Posted

Hi Caroline... I can be the same.. Is almost becomes you a you become obsessed by the changes and I think this is like an anxiety that comes with it... As I move forward with it, I've come to accept this is part of the journey.. Id no joy for a long time but feel I'm coming out out or spells are less frequent Taking vitamins have helped.. Magnesium etc but it's something we must ride.... Hang tight.. It can be awful but you ain't alone.. CK 😉

• Posted

Caroline6,

This is exactly how I feel. I cant believe how bad these symptoms are and how scary they can be! Are you feeling any better as i see this post was from a while ago.

• Posted

This is me. Every day. I've been going through this for 5 years now. 5 years of thinking I'm dying. I was the picture of health before peri. Then it just slammed me.

I can't believe how horrifying perimenopause is and on top of that I have a full house with husband and our 2 grown children at home and my elderly mother lives with us to. There's no respite.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.