It's thawed!

Posted , 11 users are following.

I promised myself I would come back after I healed.........Last January, a year ago, the sharp bring you to your knees pain began. The sharp pain worsened especially with certain movements for approx 4 months. I then started noticing loss of range of motion. By June, I was totally frozen. The pain was lessened possibly due to the fact that I had very little range to even move it. Once totally frozen I had no more sharp pains but I did have a nagging heavy pain and pain at night from sleeping on it. Around sept I thought I was noticing an increase in ROM. By October there was no question, thawing was happening. At one year I have little stiffness but at least 90% ROM. I elected to do no procedures and no PT. It is self eliminating and some feel PT does more harm than good. For me it was the right decision the let it run its course. I will add that I do have other conditions that put me in the longer end of the spectrum for thawing too. Despite it all I'm 90%+ thawed at 1 year with no intervention. Best of luck.

3 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

That is great news.  Just saw dr today 2 months out.  Frozen shoulder.  Dr. says manipulation is the only way, but he said breaking up the scar tissue could also break bones!  I like what you said about the thawing period, my dr. didn't even want to disucuss this.  You give me hope!

• Posted

My friend had shots, manipulation surgery, intense PT that made her cry. Hers took 3 years and is still a problem. I know everyone is different. For me and many that have come on here, their FS heals quicker without intervention. I see people with intervention telling of very small progress with PT post surgery?? I'm a firm believer of waiting it out. Good Luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.