Itchiness

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, 

Another question for anyone did anyone start itching where they had swollen lymph nodes ive recently started to do this and im freaking out abit espesh the swollen node on the left side of my neck? 🙁 

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi hun.

YES YES AND YES! 

I can remember being so scared I don’t know if u can go back and look and previous posts but I turned into a hypochondriac going the doctors constantly, I convinced myself it was something else going on but it actually wasn’t. Itching is a sign of healing. 

I had such itchy head randomly, I don’t think I know anyone else who had that but also really itchy neck, I think it’s prettu common. Does ur neck still ache? I’m in month 9 and pretty much recovered although I have the flu at the moment  so my neck is on fire and aching like mad. Every time I get a cold now mono symptoms pop back up! 

• Posted

Hi Rosanna thanks for your reply im still getting neck ache large swollen glands on side of neck ear ache and jaw ache i have a ent app this week! So scared! And fed up! I wish the itching was a sign of healing!?! What other symtoms did you have rosanna pleased you have recovered its the worst!!! Did you ever go ent??
  • Posted

Hi Poppy,

Itching is very common with the virus, I remember having quite a bit of itching in different areas at different times. Really hoping this all settles soon - hang in there.

Craig

• Posted

Hi craig dod the doctor tell you the itching was common?? I dont seem to be getting anywhere with the doctors??
    • Posted

Hi Poppy,

I don't think the doctor told me this about the itching but putting lots fo pieces together, I had itching and seen so many folk on here have said about itching too, it surely is a symptom of the virus. Your nervous system is under so much stress and attack when going through this virus and it's that which causes itching, so it makes sense - just want you to know that this is normal I do believe and that itching can be a good sign, a sign of healing they say.

Craig

• Posted

For a while I developed itchy face skin. But right now I have terribly itchy legs, I scratch them all the time so they're covered in blood and bruises. I learned that there are lymph nodes in legs too. I hope this goes away soon. I even called my hematologist but the refused to make another appointment but rather advised me to see my family doctor. 

• Posted

Sorry to hear that christine sad why isnt there anything that can help for most of these symptoms what month are you in??  
    • Posted

It’s aalmost a year for mesad this throat, mouth pain is killing me. Lymph nodes are up but doctors cannot find anything
    • Posted

Did you get a ultrasound or anything on your neck? And have you had a scope? 
    • Posted

same here ...10 months now and lymph nodes are swollen with eye floaters...brain fog...fatigue
    • Posted

Hi what does eye floaters mean? My eyes seem to be really heavy these last couple of days? 
    • Posted

I had 2 ultrasounds and 4 scopes. My lymph nodes are swollen, right side lymph node way bigger than the left one. Scope shoed nothing but hypertrophied lingual tonsil, my main tonsils were removed years ago, so I think that’s why my throat is si inflamed and sore. I have hard time sleeping with seollen throat. 

What about you? Have you had any tests so far?

• Posted

So what have they told you that you just have to love with it? You poor thing? My left one is alot bigger than my right one and it seems my throat and ear pain are also on the left so far ive had bloods taken and a chest xray i have ent this week dreading the scope sad wish could all just click our fingers and get better from this! Have they said the itching is normal too?
    • Posted

They say some people have abnormal swollen lymph nodes unless you swaet or have fever. Then i developed sweats and low grade fever still my doctor seems to be confused. She says you have seen lots of other doctors what I can do. 

Dontbe scared of the scope. This is done so quicky you dont feel any pain or discomfort. Mine was terribly painful only once because the tip of the scope was broken and hanging and my right nostril constanly ti lngles and is sore beacuse of it. 

I also have the earpain, the doctor said it is the swollen tonsil that presses the ear and he is right.

I had little bunps behjnd each ear for a long time. They dissapeared after the antibiotics.

• Posted

They say the irching is because of the dry skin... but I dont agree, I’ve always had ddry skin but no itchiness.
    • Posted

Thanks for your help christine you really have had a bad time of it sad your right tho the scope wasnt nad at all they think im in the recovery process and nothing nasty going on so they said give it time and go back if anything seems to get worse or doesnt go away horrible horrible virus!! I wish you all the best with your recovery smile and everyone else smile 
    • Posted

Great news! Im glad the scoping was easy on you. Wish you quick recovery, keep us posted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.