Itching down below

Posted , 11 users are following.

HELLO LADIES, PLEASE CAN ANYONE RELATE TO ME , IM JUST TURNED 60 THIS WEEK AND HAVE BEEN SUFFERING WITH MEMO FOR A LONG TIME , BUT IN THE LAST COUPLE OF MONTHS I HAVE BEEN GETTING A REALLY ITCHY CLITTRIS AND AROUND THAT AREA I HAVE USED DIFFERENT CREAMS AND WASHED WITH SENSITIVE CREAMS , HAS ANY LADIES ON HERE SUFFERED FROM THE SAME THING PLEASE ,

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Next
  • Posted

For a while during menopause I suffered the kind of itching you describe, and then I noticed that it was much better after I had showered, but then got worse again a few hours later. I wondered it could be the body's own secretions which were irritating me (I guess that as the hormone levels change, so does the type of natural moisture we produce in that area?) so I started using a barrier cream. I now wash the intimate area in the shower every day with a feminine wash (either Femfresh soothing wash, or the Avon feminine wash for sensitive skin) and then apply just a very small amount of Sudocrem. I don't even need Sudocrem every day, just when the itching flares up, which isn't all that often now. It's just the standard Sudocrem in the grey tub, NOT the newer skin soothing cream. It works beautifully for me and is easy to use and cheap too. Good luck!

• Posted

I've just realised I don't know where you are, Anne. We are in the UK, where Sudocrem is widely available. It's an antiseptic healing cream, which is often used as a barrier cream for babies, or for nappy rash, or skin conditions, sunburn, cuts and grazes, etc.

• Posted

Hey Louise, I am in the states and I think our equivalent to that would be Aquafor, or sounds like it 😃

• Posted

so crazy i saw this. i was at the store for the third time awhile ago trying to decide what to buy. lol i considered ordering the sudocrem...i looked at the ingredients...i went down the baby aisle. to zinc oxide or not?! a and d...idk. i finally left with nothing hoping i will wake up tomorrow and it will be gone.... so aquaphor hmmmm

• Posted

2chr... sorry having the mental fog, was this original discussion about the itching, it is due to lack of estrogen. I replied to JAYNIE Aout it. It’s called pruritus. there is a name for all this stuff, the itching the pens and needles the ants crawling on our legs feeling , I just posted that yesterday on a separate discussion. my friend was just at the urgent care thinking she was having a stroke and what it was was the pins in needles, I forgot what the medical term is but there’s a medical term for that that I posted for menopausal womenYesterday yesterday. this is so incredibly frustrating it’s like these doctors aren’t even being trained about menopause, I mean I want to know honestly if anybody truly is being trained correctly on menopause because it sure doesn’t seem like it. We are all experiencing the same frustrating things across the board in the doctors office, in the ER, at urgent care, this has got to end. i’ll get off my soapbox 😉 unfortunately I had caffeine this morning ... it obviously makes me bananas 😉 lol!

• Posted

2chr..... I just googled Aquaphot...this is what it said about Aquafor, so it couldn’t hurt 'This medication is used as a moisturizer to treat or prevent dry, rough, scaly, itchy skin and minor skin irritations (e.g., diaper rash, skin burns from radiation therapy). Emollients are substances that soften and moisturize the skin and decrease itching and flaking.'

But again... if we’re short estrogen... I don’t know what can really help ...besides getting prescribed an estrogen cream and applying it down there ...idk 😃

• Posted

Thank you Lisa. i have to try something. I may try that vagisan too. i am only 47. ugh. i didnt think this started until later!

• Posted

lol. i know when i went through nursing school all we learned was menstruation stops and hot flashes. thats it. i assume unless a doctor specializes in women meno issues they dont get much more than that. ...and not GYNS either bc thats not where the money is for them. unless they are putting in a whole bunch of merina coils. so unless they have a personal experience with it. like maybe an older male whose wife went through it or an older female doc we will be lucky to get much help. i just think fir the majority you are going to have to seek them out and probably travel to find someone.

• Posted

2chr.... I thought the same thing. I mean growing up, I always thought women were like 60 years old and a few things happened and it was over. boy was I wrong 😉

• Posted

hi Anne, my Mom is 72 and Iremember last year she had the same symptom, we kept thinking it was the soap, toilet paper , laundry detergent etc.

the Dr. gave her creams and antibiotics but nothing worked. We went to the beach for aweek and she said she didnt even notice when it left.

we dont know if it was from the salt water or everything else she was trying . hang in there .

• Posted

Hey Grace, is this what Gigi was talking about I believe last week on this forum or was that just regarding UTIs. The product was called Vagifem but I don’t know if it’s also used for itching.

• Posted

i am betting it was the salt water . i believe there are a lot of healing properties in iodine. I tell my husband all the time that i felt healthier when we lived in Fl in the gulf. we will get back down there one day

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.