Itching down below

Posted , 11 users are following.

HELLO LADIES, PLEASE CAN ANYONE RELATE TO ME , IM JUST TURNED 60 THIS WEEK AND HAVE BEEN SUFFERING WITH MEMO FOR A LONG TIME , BUT IN THE LAST COUPLE OF MONTHS I HAVE BEEN GETTING A REALLY ITCHY CLITTRIS AND AROUND THAT AREA I HAVE USED DIFFERENT CREAMS AND WASHED WITH SENSITIVE CREAMS , HAS ANY LADIES ON HERE SUFFERED FROM THE SAME THING PLEASE ,

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey Anne, I had that itching a few years back and it was enough to make me lose my mind. I bombed myself w/ tea tree Essentual Oil, took Epson salt baths. It’s kind of a blur now, but I know I ended up taking that Diflucan, but it would always come right back. it’s the hormone fluctuations that causes it I believe. I would put drops of Teatree essential oil on a mini pad and put that in my panties. I am 53, been post menopause for three years now. I think it was two years ago I was having that so bad. it truly is bothersome. only use white vinegar when washing your underwear, I don’t use any soap when I wash at all cause I believe anything can set off the pH balance. And I believe there’s also a probiotic you can take for female flora, ask your pharmacist about it. I mean seriously, the humiliating things we have to put up with. be careful with the toilet paper you use, because I noticed it aggravates it. and instead of wiping try patting. I think there is organic toilet paper you can buy. sorry for any miss spells or no capitalization, this forum is kind of messed up. Best of luck !

• Posted

HELLO LISA , ALL THAT ADVICE SOUND VERY INTERESTING , AND YES ITS SO HUMILIATING BUT WILL START WORKING ON ALL THESE THINKS AND HOPE I GET TO WHAT CAUSING IT .

• Posted

i have itching everywhere. not so much down there but my head itches. i mean so bad im giving myself sores. been checked for lice dandruff excema all that. nothing. i rinse my hair good i use same shampoo conditioner. just itches bad. and mostly at night. urgggh

• Posted

SO SORRY TO HERE THAT JAYNE , WE GO THROUGH SOME BAD SYMPTOMS .

• Posted

I had itching everywhere, including scalp... started taking an antihistamine, and worked beautifully. I still take one daily.

• Posted

Jaynie... I have had that really bad, off and on the past two weeks and it’s always worse at night, it Has to be hormonal fluctuation. and it’s almost like burning, it’s horrible. I thought it was this new Paul Mitchell hairspray I got but then realized it was another menopause symptom ... what a surprise… Not 😉 make sure you’re not using any shampoo and conditioner with parabens or sulfates, Shea Moisture makes great shampoos and conditioners with no harmful chemicals 😃 One night it was bothering me I bombed my head with coconut oil.

• Posted

Jaynie, take an Anti histamine it will help it ... this forum is making me crazy, I know I’m entering the correct password and it keeps asking me to enter it again at least three times and the damn thing keeps making me sign in again and again and again where before I only had to sign in once... what is going on on this thing ?!?! grrrrrr

• Posted

Hi Anne

im two years post meno and 52

i had itching utis soreness pain in and outside vagina

I tried vagisan

It is not hormone based and you can get it from chemists and online

It has really helped me

It comes with an applicator do you can use up inside as well as outside

I was prescribed a hormone cream from my doctor but was reluctant to use it and havent had to so far

Hope this helps x

• Posted

i just had this happen to me a couple of weeks ago for the first time and i wondered if it was related to hormones. At first i thought it was my urethra but then i realized it was more to the front. it felt itchy and sore at the same time and it felt like it was coming from the inside. did it feel like that to you?

• Posted

I had this problem last year. It was maddening. This year it is breast issues...so far.

I sympathize.

• Posted

HELLO KELJO,

Thank you for your reply yes its so maddening , and sorry to here you have breast issues now and hope your getting sorted with it .

• Posted

I am sure the other ladies are on to something about the hormones. I just wanted to add that I got "down there" burning and itching and terrible smell. For me it was my nether regions expression an irritant contact dermatitis. I changed soaps to something super mild with no surfactants (ingredients that strip oil but make the suds) and I now wash my laundry only in vinegar.

It all got better in about 10 days or so.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.