Itchy irritated line

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone had a line that goes down their skin fold? I have had this for awhile now and it sometimes itches and hurts. Ive been tested for infections, STIs and even had a biopsy. All negative. I know its not contact dermatitis because im super careful and use no soap in the area, wash my hair seperately, hypoallergenic laundry detergent (even went without underwear for awhile to see!) and ive been rinsing after each bathroom visit and using unbleached toilet paper. image

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I should add ive seen a gyno and 2 dermatologists. Been given a strong steroid ointment, seems to help a bit but when I get off it slowly comes back. Dont know if ive always had the line and its just swelling now, also just one side.

• Posted

i had the same thing!!!! i got diagnosed with lichen sclerosis

• Posted

it got better once i started using a steriod cream called clobetasol .. i still flare up but mostly okay .. its hormonal .. ive noticed around my period or if i eat s****y food

• Posted

1. My biopsy came back negative and there is no white skin or fusing so I am confused. What were your symptoms?
    • Posted

im on that same steroid right now, my gyno thinks its dermatitis but theres nothing that could still be irritating me at this point. mine is calm until i stop the steroid

• Posted

my symptoms started off as the line .. itchy .. sometimes it would tear because it started thinning out and was super sensitive/irritated.. youre the first person i know who has had this symptom .. anyway that line eventually became patchy .. i suffered with this for like 3 years before it actually became diagnosable as lichen sclerosus ... im 28 .. we are young to be diagnosed with it .. so doctors rule that out quickly as it mostly for woman during menopause .. the only thing that gives me relief is clobetasol .. i also will but an actual aloe plant .. cut out the aloe and insert in the beginning of my vagina and lay for 30 min .. it eases the external symptoms a lot .. so comforting to hear someone else with the same struggle

• Posted

Has the disease spread or progressed? Or is it just localized there. I heard its better to catch it early so hoping to halt it. Also was your line on both sides? Is intercourse painful for you? For now im still okay. I see my doctor July 9, she took the biopsy and considered Ls but says its negative so not likely. So confusing. Did you ever biopsy your line when it was just itchy?

• Posted

This is exactly my problem!! What does your gyno say about why it comes back? I only see my July 9.

• Posted

I have found that i have a good amount of control over it.. with clobetasol and the aloe plant (not bottled aloe) .. i still flare up and treat myself immediately .. i also have to shave down there frequently or ill get super irritated .. intercourse was uncomfortable and painful before but now its much more enjoyable as long as i follow all my measures ... my line was mostly on one side but sometime it showed up on the other side .. the itchiness was unbearable it used to make me sweat .. my doctor opted out on a biopsy as he is certain its LS .. how often are you applying the clob

• Posted

this is an auto immune/hormonal disease .. i dont think its privy to biopsy as youd hope/expect it to be .. id also get your thyriod levels checked

• Posted

I have to shave too or its way worse! I will be asking for blood tests, do you have a thyriod issues too? I heard they are linked. Did the line or LS patch spread to near the vaginal opening area or anywhere else? Sorry for all the questions! I guess mine is reluctant to diagnose with a negative biopsy and no skin changes besides the line. I will update you on my next appointment to see if there is any insight. Thanks for all the info!

• Posted

Also are you on clob constantly or just with a flare?

• Posted

i tested for my thyroid and all my levels are normal .. however, i have thyroid issue family history on my mother and fathers side .. which i feel like will def be an issue in older age ... the line that eventually turned into a patch .. and then it started spreading more internally IT WAS THE WORST FLARE .. and i had been complaining about this line for years .. and it finally exposed itself for the first time .. my gyno was like there it is .. LS

• Posted

i only use it when i start having flares.. ill first do the aloe plant application and then .. ill apply the clob three times daily for a week .. and then twice daily for a week .. and then once daily for a week .. and then every other day for a week .. DO NOT TAKE IT unless youre having a flare up .. the steriod cream will thin out your skin really bad .. its very strong

• Posted

did you find anything out at your appt?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.