itchy rash

Posted , 9 users are following.

Please please please is there someone out there going through what I am going through, last Sunday I devolop a rash over my operated leg. Phoned 111 told to go to,pharmacy get anithystermine, no good. Tuesday due physio they looked at it said have bloods done. Nothing showed up. Wed went too a and e doctor looked said he didn't know what it was or why I got it an alergic reaction. Made app to see surgeon, Fri saw surgeon he said he had done over 2000 operations and never seen this. A it hystermi e and quaterzone creme. Been woken up by this bloody rash again, hence this blog has anybody else suffered by this rash. Very itchy, raised like blisters. Burning. Now I have to wait till I can see a dermatologist. Please help some if u have any comments or ideas to sort this out

1 like, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Have you ever had Impetigo Chris? In the distant past?

That shows as very itchy, almost like blisters, & can come back when you are very low or rundown.

Other than that I don't know.

The only reason I thought of that is I had it some years ago & it has come back. I have a chest infection & feel really rough. How do you feel? Do you feel ill with it?

I hope you get it sorted soon.

Marilyn

XX

• Posted

Hey Chris,

I actually got a rash on my knee, if you want I can send you pics of my knee for you to see. I went to my knee Dr and he told me that it was a 95% chance that I was allergic to my ice pack they gave me at the hospital. He gave me a 6 day prediscone pak, took them for 6 days, went back to the Dr for a checkup on it, 3 days later I got the rash back again. My knee Dr then sent me to the dermatologist which called it Contact Dermatitis. He gave me a steroid topical ointment, put that on twice a day and it was all cleared up in 4 days, and knock on wood has not returned. I changed ice bags and no problem now. Hope this helps. If u want pics let me know so u can compare it to yours. Good luck!!

• Posted

Hi thanks for your reply saw the surgeon on Friday and he said he hasn't seen this before, gave me some hydraquatorzone creme and anithystermine, but it's now appearing all over my body, in my head, shoulders back arm and legs I am going crazy, said I need to see the dermatologist but cannot get an appointment, will try again tomorrow x

• Posted

Just a thought - you're not allergic to penicillin are you?  I had this sort of thing many years back and went through all the washing powder issues etc. and couldn't find out what the problem was.  It actually went on for two years!!!  Terrible!!!! But then a doctor suggested avoiding anything with possible penicillin in - non-organic milk, any cheese, beef, pork and all sorts and within a couple of weeks it had calmed down!  I can eat some products without a problem now.  Are you on ANY mediction that has this as a side effect?

• Posted

That is a very interesting theory Chris, as allergies can come up at any time, even things you that you have had in the past with no problems.

I never ever thought about the ramifications of penicillin allergy, i.e. The milk, beef etc! But it makes sense doesn't it, with all the things that are given to hens & cattle for the food chain!

Good suggestion there.

Marilyn

XX

• Posted

Not so much a theory Marilyn - just a thought.  We just never know how our bodies are going to suddenly react differently to something we've had for a long time:-(

• Posted

I just wanted to up date everyone been and saw another doctor today gave me some stronger antihystermine and more cream, also steroid tablets. Which the chemists didn't have, used the cream and antihystermine. Been in bed about a hr now I feel I could rip my skin apart. Let's hope when I get the steroid tablets something kicks in the rash is now over 25% of my body.

• Posted

Oh my goodness how terrible for you. Esp over that much of your body. Hope the meds start kicking in fast for you. Keep us updated. I will pray for you some relief.
    • Posted

OK...Did you EAT anything different?

Allergic reactions often take DAYS to abate! I once had a different teriyaki sauce and had itching for nearly a week!

Another time a new RED SWEATER caused redness and itching for over a week even after taking Benadryl.

Do you have a fever?

• Posted

No Cheryl no fever, had blood test done, now on steroid tablets itchy all over my body got physio today and will see what they say.
    • Posted

I can remember what that's like - awful, and the tiredness just makes it all worse, because you can't sleep.  Just wondering if a pharmacist can offer any advice or information - don't know about your GP but it was a pharmacist who diagnosed me when I got shingles, when the GP said it 'was a bite'.  The pharmacist was right!  Might be worth asking.  I wish I could help though!!!!!

• Posted

Many thanks to all who commented on my post have seen yet another doctor and he has prescribed a stronger anti hystermine. Steroid tablets and a cream. Went physio yesterday all in all yesterday was a good day jot too much itching. Now it's 1/2 past 1 in the morning and itching like crazy. Can only use cream once a day along with hystermine and steroid tabletsv (after breakfast ) here we go again

• Posted

I hope this will sort it Chris.  If it does, and if it flares up again, you're going to need to find out what the cause is - that's the next step.  But maybe it will sort it permanently now after another day or so - these things do take time to work.  I know how awful it is to itch at night though - heat seems to make it worse, so if you can sleep with less bedding on, that MIGHT help. Do keep in touch and let us know how you're getting on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.