Itchy skin

Posted , 4 users are following.

Is anyone experiencing itchy skin, or the sensation that spiders are crawling on them?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Mirtazapine contains an antihistamine so when withdrawing etc you get itchy, I itched that bad I had bruises on my legs, also some food are high in histamine so should be avoided, mirtazapine withdrawal can also cause you to have new allergies until withdrawal symptoms have gone, I have the spider sensations sometimes too.
    Report Reply
  • Posted

Me Gretel

its driving me crazy...

have you notice dry skin from stopping mirtazapine?

kaz

Report Reply
    • Posted

Yes, very dry skin. We had a blizzard and subfreezing temps as well. But I noticed the crawly skin well before that.
      Report Reply
    • Posted

My skin is just itching but really dry to the point were it's like flakey. I used body cream for yrs and never suffered dry skin until now so really has to be another bloody gift from mirt

how you feeling now ?

any better ? I hope you are 

kaz 

Report Reply
    • Posted

Skin does get back to normal, I think it was around 6 months for me the first 2 times quitting also Epsom salts in the bath help, make skin soft, help keep you calm (ish) and contain magnesium so win win win x
      Report Reply
    • Posted

Gretel

thanknyou so much for letting me know il have look now for it .pm me and let me know brand you got as if it's working for you I'm sure it will help me,,my skin is getting more dry by the day

kaz x

Report Reply
  • Posted

Yes gretel,two 10 days to three weeks after a taper my legs itch and burning sensation like mad,calms down again,then after all withdrawels gone another taper!!!
    Report Reply
  • Posted

It's a living hell for me now. Itching like never in my life, hole body. I did not use any antihistamine yet, just some cream any vitamins. Does not work as expected though. How did you cope with your problem?

Report Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up