Itchy skin

Posted , 9 users are following.

Is anyone experiencing itchy skin, or the sensation that spiders are crawling on them?

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Mirtazapine contains an antihistamine so when withdrawing etc you get itchy, I itched that bad I had bruises on my legs, also some food are high in histamine so should be avoided, mirtazapine withdrawal can also cause you to have new allergies until withdrawal symptoms have gone, I have the spider sensations sometimes too.
    • Posted

Thanks Toria,

Thought i was losing my mind...again!

• Posted

are you serious ?! i just quit mirtazapine and in itching all over like crazy a couple weeks after quitting

• Posted

Me Gretel

its driving me crazy...

have you notice dry skin from stopping mirtazapine?

kaz

• Posted

Yes, very dry skin. We had a blizzard and subfreezing temps as well. But I noticed the crawly skin well before that.
    • Posted

My skin is just itching but really dry to the point were it's like flakey. I used body cream for yrs and never suffered dry skin until now so really has to be another bloody gift from mirt

how you feeling now ?

any better ? I hope you are 

kaz 

• Posted

Skin does get back to normal, I think it was around 6 months for me the first 2 times quitting also Epsom salts in the bath help, make skin soft, help keep you calm (ish) and contain magnesium so win win win x
    • Posted

Hey Kaz, i tried cocoanut oil for the dry skin. Worked well. I got it off of Amazon.
    • Posted

Gretel

thanknyou so much for letting me know il have look now for it .pm me and let me know brand you got as if it's working for you I'm sure it will help me,,my skin is getting more dry by the day

kaz x

• Posted

Yes gretel,two 10 days to three weeks after a taper my legs itch and burning sensation like mad,calms down again,then after all withdrawels gone another taper!!!
  • Posted

It's a living hell for me now. Itching like never in my life, hole body. I did not use any antihistamine yet, just some cream any vitamins. Does not work as expected though. How did you cope with your problem?

• Posted

hi Adrian

How long has this been happening for? i've had these symptoms of severe itching since winter 2017 when I came off them.

• Posted

hi

i wonder if any of you can help me. I'm not sure of how common this is but I came off mirtazapine in November 2017, i had no skin complaints during my three years on it but as soon as I came off I had severely itchy skin. i have been diagnosed with urticaria and dismissed my doctors. I have to take two anti histamines a day otherwise the itchiness is unbearable.

I had no idea that these tablets would cause this. Please let me know if you know of anyone who has experienced this..... and if they got over the symptoms

• Posted

hi Toria

have you experienced this? how is it now? I hope you're well.

I'm just surprised it hasn't sorted itself out after so long. I actually have never had an allergy or anything with my skin before so I know it's the tablets. The doctors tried to say it is a coincidence that the itchiness started after I came off x

• Posted

hi sarah, yes im fine now, no itch from mirt just getting off a different drug now x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.