iTind

Posted , 13 users are following.

There was 1 person on here that had this done. If I recall correctly, he did pretty well with it. Has anyone else tried this procedure?

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Edited

The only one I know on this forum who had it is Motoman and it didn't help him much. However, because the risk is very low I'd be interested only if it's available in the U.S.

• Posted

Last time I saw one of his posts was 9 months ago, self cathing and considering Aquablation. After his failed iTind several years ago, he had FLA with Dr. K which helped him for about a year. Hank

• Edited

I am not active on here, but did finally figure out how to login again. My FLA worked for a while, then slowly started to fade. I went for a followup with DR K 2 years ago where he basically removed fluid with a syringe from some cysts that had formed where the ablation had taken place. I am not cathing, and have not really done that since the surgery. I do not even know if it is possible at this point, as I had some type of false passage after the procedure and could not get the catheter inserted.

I will at some point need another procedure done, but not sure when.

Not sure what ever happened with the Itind procedure, but for me the results were only temporary, like 3 months.

Looking back at all this, I probably should have had the Holep procedure done, LOL. One and done!

• Edited

What catheters were you using? For 3 years I had all kinds of problems with CIC, including ED, incontinence, bleeding, diminished natural void, and yes, even with false passages a few times, with the green Coloplast hydrophilic catheters, which are very stiff. I was ready to have hoLep, which I believe to be the best, all things considered. Luckily for me, I took advise from someone on this forum, and tried out softer catheters. Now all my problems have been gone for almost 2 years now. I am still cathing, but now it's much easier.

If iTind is available near me, I would definitely give it a shot. Hank

• Posted

I was using the Coloplast Speedicath. Tried 14 and 16 if I remember correctly. Also tried the straight and Coude. I had to domthis often before the surgery, and even after for the first month. But something might have changed innthe healing process to make insertion more of a challenge, I don't know.

As for Itind, don't know where that is done now. I would contact the company to see if there is anyone in your area.

• Posted

I had a similar problem with catheters that were too still. Coude tip helped and a softer material. Magic 3 and Magic 3 Go products eventually worked the best for me.

• Edited

Hi guys, I was on a different iTind forum a while back, but everyone seems to have abandoned it and then I found this one. I have been interested in the iTind procedure for a while, but it was not available in the U.S. before, but I discovered that it is now being performed in the U.S. and it appears that Medicare will cover the cost. I was hoping to find some guys on here who have had the procedure a few years ago to see how they are now doing. It seems to be the least invasive procedure, so I thought it would be a good one to start with. I've been on Avodart for over a decade and it is not working as well for me as it used to and I would like to get off of it.

I went to the iTind website and filled out an online form to find a physician in my area (Sarasota, Florida). A few days later I got an email reply with a list of 3 physicians in south Florida who are performing the procedure. I'm trying to get more information about the long-term results, but have not been able to find much. If I decide to go ahead and have the procedure I will let you know how it goes. I just wish I could find some guys who could provide more info about long-term results.

• Posted

Hey Marx

Do you know any of the names of the doctors in south Florida. That would help

Thank you for your time....Ken

• Edited

Hi Ken,

I'm attempting to upload an image of an email I received from a marketing manager at Medi-Tate. If the image upload does not work I'll do another post using copy/paste. Do you know of anyone who has had the procedure and if so, how satisfied are they with the results?

I saw my primary care physician a few weeks ago for my annual checkup and he suggested that I wait until the doctors performing the procedure have more time to get experienced with it. He added Flomax to the Avodart that I've been taking and that will hopefully get me through another year or so while physicians get more experience performing the iTind procedure. If you decide to get it done, please let me know how it works out for you. It's been difficult finding patients who can provide feedback on their experience with the procedure.

-Marx

• Posted

Thank you Marx

First I want to say thank you for the information. I have a friend that is looking into it he does not want any other treatment because of the side effects. There is no one in his area. I have seen that there are a few in New York and Arizona.

This is what we are trying to fine. Men that have had it done. We are trying to get information Thanks for the names. I will wright to them and see what we can find out.

Please watch the medications that you are taking because they come with a lot of side effects. We are all different and they will affect each of us different.

Before I had my Urolift 7 years ago. I was on Flomax and Rapaflo. It took my orgasm away and my ejaculation. I called my doctor and told him I will not take these pills. I had my procedure 2 weeks later.

If you hear anything about this procedure please let me know so I can pass it on to my friend

Thank you for your time Be safe....Ken

• Posted

Ken,

How did the Urolift work out for you? 7 years later are you still glad that you had that procedure?

I was planning on getting the Urolift and actually met with a urologist who performs the Urolift, but then I heard about the iTind procedure and it sounded less invasive, so I have been holding off on having any procedure until I can get the iTind. I've been on the Flomax for about 3 weeks now and am doing OK so far. Orgasms and ejaculation still functioning, although not as intense as previously. Since I've been on Avodart for over a decade I don't know if the reduced intensity of orgasms are due to the meds or just old age (I'm turning 71 in a few weeks.)

Please let me know how your friend does, if he has the iTind. I'm going to keep looking for patient feedback on the procedure and will certainly share it here if I get any. Take care.

All the best,

Marx

• Posted

Yes it has been over 7 years still open. If we fine any information out I will let you know

Both meds have side effect that could be one of them. Just don't give up

Best of luck....Ken

• Posted

I am on day three of the procedure and it has been the most horribly painful experience of my life. Mild to moderate pain while urinating my ass! I fee like I have to go constantly and it is dribs and drabs and every time it burns to high heaven. Like razor blades and I just cringe as the urge comes on. I have not slept since having it implanted which btw hurt like hell. Then they tell me the do not give any pain meds and that it hurts even more coming out. So I am so out of my mind with anxiety wondering how I will be able to tolerate the pain taking it out. I can barely pee now so getting pretty backed up. The office was all rush rush and did not even wait to see if I could pee after the implant or give me a catheter lesson and some caths just in case. I would never have gone through this much pain if I knew. I would have gone right to aquablasion or something else. I would only do itind under some kind or level of sedation if I were having it done. It is crazy burning pain in my case. I wonder if I have some other issue causing to much pain or if they just lie and tell you it is not so bad as to not scare everyone away.

• Edited

had it removed under sedation in the hospital bc of so much severe cramping and sheer anxiety from how being awake with a probe stuck up my dick while my whole urethra is on fire and of course doctor tells me I will have some discomfort and blood for a few days. Forgot to telll me it will be like p*****g fire as well! It burns so bad I start and stop peeing bc of the pain and no it is impossible to tell if the urine stream is any better because of the sheer agony. Do not believe anything you read or hear about this great new procedure bc you will not know until the torture ends what the outcome will be and let me tell you - it will all hurt like living hell. I can not imagine any other procedure being worse than this one. Why dont they send you home with a catheter so at least you can get the urine out without screaming your head off.? And why no pain meds? This is some of the worst pain I can imagine and for that kind of pain they give you morphine in the hospital. Hope I was honest enough for you all so you do not have any misconceptions what you will be experiencing.

• Posted

I am 5 days post iTind device removal and I have plenty of sympathy. Keep in mind that everyone is different and may have different thresholds of pain, but I agree it was as if someone was holding a soldering iron to the tip of my penis. I had my insertion and removal both under general anesthesia in a hospital surgical OR and can't imagine the procedure any other way. Pain and bleeding were off the chart for the first 3 days. Sitting normal was also difficult as pressure on the perineum presses on the prostate. I was still very uncomfortable until the removal. In addition, I suffer from OAB which complicates things. I moved to my living room couch for 5 days so I was only a few feet and steps from the toilet. I got virtually no sleep as I made trips as often as 15 mins apart. Voiding completely seemed impossible as the pain stops the flow involuntarily. So is there a bright side to this ?

I have suffered more than 10 yrs with BPH and had reached the point where I had no choice but to face a procedure. I was close to Urolift when I heard of iTind and it seemed a better choice for many of us. Although urgency and frequency are still a problem, things are improving daily, and I am glad I made the iTind choice.

My advice to prospective patients is this......be prepared for the discomfort and know that it will eventually subside. Fortunately, I have an Rx for Percocet which was my key to survival even though it barely made a dent in the pain. Don't believe anyone who suggests Advil or any OTC pain med will help. Despite being told caths or Depends diapers were unnecessary I managed to go through a whole pkg in a week. Be prepared

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.