iTind

Posted , 13 users are following.

There was 1 person on here that had this done. If I recall correctly, he did pretty well with it. Has anyone else tried this procedure?

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had the iTind procedure two months ago and it has been very successful for me so far. Amazing results with zero side effects. And nothing left behind to worry about.

• Posted

How and how much did it help you? Thanks. Hank

• Edited

It exceeded my expectations. The biggest thing is I am so much more refreshed when I wake up -- most of the time I can sleep through the night, worst case I might get up one time. It has been a long time since that was possible. During the day I no longer think about where the restroom is. For example I can drive 3-4 hours without stopping no problem. I no longer have to take Flomax either which is nice.

• Posted

Hi up2u,

Looks like it's been 11 months since you had the iTind procedure. Is it still working for you?

Rich

• Posted

how did it feel pain wise? I am having horrible pain from insertion to having to pee all night long and it burns like hell.

• Posted

I had the Itind procedure today. Miserable at the moment. I'll keep posting****

• Posted

I had the itind procedure yesterday. (01/18/2023) 'Discomfort' is the word the doctor described... I would say its a hell of a lot worse than 'discomfort'! But I'll bite the bullet for a week.

• Posted

How are you today? Can you describe more how bad it is?

• Posted

same here - on day three and it has been excruciatingly painful. Why do they lie and tell you it will be mild to moderate pain. BS! IT hurt like hell putting it in with no pain meds whatsoever or sedation then everytime I have to pee which feels like constantly it burns like razor blades. Have not slept in three days. They telll me it hurts worse coming out! I am so anxious I asked to do it in the hospital but they said no they do not do that. It does cut you and I have been bleeding for days. Some blood clots the first day or two. This should only be done with sedation imho. And then they should be honest about how miserable the 5 days will be. Would rather have had aquablation or laser in a hospital and be done with it.

• Posted

I am on day three and it has been sheer hell. They wont give any pain meds for any of it and putting it in hurt like hell. Then you feel like you got to pee constantly especially all night long and I go in dibs and drabs and every time it burns like razor blades. They said it hurts even worse taking it out. I can barely go as it is so I hope I can make it for two more days. I will be screaming when they take it out bc I was cussing pretty bad when they put it in. This has been the most painful experience of my life and if I had it to do over I would have found a place that does it under sedation or gone with aquablation or laser in a hospital and been done with it. This is not worth the torture. Why they would not offer pain meds for something this painful I just can not fathom.

• Posted

I agree with the other posters. Mild to moderate discomfort does not describe the iTind procedure or immediately afterwards. I really have nothing else to compare it to procedure-wise, but the cystoscope being jiggled around up there was also painful before the deciding on the procedure.

I'm on Day 2 and feeling the need to pee constantly and trying to hold out for only every 30-60 minute pee breaks. Daggers coming out... You'll regret when you have to poop, because there is no stopping peeing at the same time. They gave me Ketorolac which seems to do nothing for me. I am on Oxybutyn, and hard to see that's helping given my constant urge to pee.

I had the procedure in the OR with anesthesia so the pain only started once I woke up. In 5 days I'm going to have the device removed under local anesthesia (doctor said two syringes which doesn't excite me much either).

Be prepared for some pain for a few days - that's how I'm trying to get through it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.