iTind clinical trial update in the USA

Posted , 14 users are following.

I participated in the iTind trial last November and the results for me have been amazing. I just finished the 3rd post procedure followup and learned that they have expaned the patient profile to include men who have prostates up to 150ml in size. The upper limit last year was only 75ml.

The advantages are that you do not have to live a lifetime of drugs with their side effects and compared to other surgical methods it is an easy procedure. There is very little discomfort, very low trauma to surrounding tissue, no issues with incontinence, erectile dysfunction, retrograde ejaculation or incontinence and has a very high success rate. Results seem to last long term and is repeatable if needed in the distant furture.

So if you are dealing with urgency, frequency, weak stream, night time bathroom visits, etc. stop suffering and contact the Medi-tate coordinator in their web site.

Or you can contact the group who took care of me - Weill Cornell Urology in New York City at 212-746-4600 and ask for the iTind coordinator. They will evaluate your specific condition and ask you to participate based upon your suitability for the device. The Weill Cornell is rated #6 in the USA and is part of New York Presbyterian Hospital which provided me with a very comfortable experience.

Best of luck to all who suffer.

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It has been two years since I took part in the iTind clinical trial here in the USA. While I still do not officially know if i received the iTind or the sham as it was a blind study I assume that I did receive the device since there was a marked improvement in all ways. Results have diminished slightly but I still have no urgency, can go hours between bathroom breaks, sleep most of the night without getting up and have no ill effects. Sometimes I sense that I can not empty my bladder fully, but all that means is that the next bathroom stop is 2 to 3 hours away instead of 4-6 hours. I assume that my prostate is still growing. Should get tested to see how large it is I guess.

Wishing everyone good results no matter what course they take.

Best,

BobbyT

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.