iTind Procedure

Posted , 16 users are following.

Had the itind procedure today. More painful than promised. At least so far. I'll keep posting.

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Rob hope you are doing fine after the procedure.I am interested but upset with the kind of pain while we pee. Is it tolerable without pain medicine? Any medicine that controls the pain completely? I am GERD patient allergic to most pain medicine should I do this procedure or not?

Don

• Edited

rob what are some tips just had it done today 9-13-2023 doctors first install so far ok he said to stop flomax did u stop first day?

• Posted

i had the iTind procedure about 2 months ago. The removal was painful. I am retaining urine after voiding. Also, I have to stimulate/rub the head of the penis to start the flow of urine which is then forceful and of a significant amount to where i feel the bladder is empty and relief. Has anyone else felt this?

• Posted

My situation was odd. I booked my first surgery but had to cancel due to a prostate infection. At that time I was given prescriptions for Cipro, Percacet and Meloxicam. When I went for the procedure I was told that they would give me new prescriptions. At that time they said to use a "double dose" of Tylenol and ignore the previous prescriptions. I recommend that you insist on good pain killers.

I had the same experience as Rob. It was extremely painful for the first 48 hours. My doctor failed to give me after care instructions so I was flying blind and they did not respond to my communication for 2 days.

I was urinating every 30 to 40 minutes. It felt like razor blades and burning. It was so painful I could not believe it. Luckily I had purchased the pain killers from the previous appointment and they took the edge off but it was still agonizing to urinate. After day 4 I could sit without any pain between urinations. However, urinating remained very painful until extraction. I had blood and clots until day 5.

I felt pain the entire week but the frequency lessened. One thing I had not anticipated was the irritation of the retrieval string. It constantly rubbed against my clothes and was also irritating.

My flow was outstanding during the insertion week.

The removal was short but also very painful. It took a few days to recover from the catheter insertion at removal time. I had pain for the first passing after extraction but it was not too bad after that.

It is now 3 weeks post removal. My flow is about the same as prior to the procedure. They say it takes 6 to 12 weeks to work. I am optimistic that things will improve. I think the catheter during removal caused some inflammation that is slowing recovery.

Prior to this surgery I would wake up once or twice per night to urinate. Occasionally I could go through the night without waking. Since the procedure I have had a two nights without waking but also had a few nights with multiple awakenings.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.