Its what I was DRINKING!

Posted , 8 users are following.

I am a 67 y/o woman in ecellent health except for my diagnosis of Lichen Planus. I  am also a Registered Nurse. I had LP for 4 months before I was biopsied. In the week I had to wait for my biopsy results I educated myself on this disease, I immediately opted for alternative therapies vs western meds. Unbelievably after keeping a food journal for just 2 days I had ALL my trggers.. I was almost everything I was drinking. OJ, mineral water, and red wine )the WORST) This makes such good sense. Solid foods are absorbed in the small intestine over a period of time. Alchohol and sugars in driinks or chemicals like aspergane all hit your blood stream immediatley. I went on a two week corse of prednisone which illiminated my initial breakout ; I only drink black coffee and water . I tested this theory twice (had a cocktail) and IMMIEDIATELY had LP sx. I caught it early. Two days on prenisone cleared it up.

Just wanted to share in case it helps anyone else..

2 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.