ive been noticing this for months, what should i do? this is a picture of my libia minora...

Posted , 28 users are following.

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It's not herpes, that much I can tell you. What are you symptoms? Go see a doctor if you are having discomfort.

• Posted

i have no symptoms.. are you sure its not? what could it be?

• Edited

Nothing needs to be done, they're called fordyce spots, normal and harmless.

• Edited

I'm not a doctor, but short of that I'd bet money on it. Google them, you'll see identical pictures. They're located in an area where fordyce spots show up. They're the right color. They're identical to fordyce spots because that's what they are. Ask your doctor the next time you're in to ease your mind, but seriously there is NO problem here. Relax!

• Edited

i don't know what to do but i am thirteen and am a virgin and i have some little white bumps that i thought were fordyce spots but they have started to get itchy like alot and very irritated, is it fordyce spots? and does anyone know how to stop the itching and irritation!!

• Posted

sebaceous glands... completely normal. I was worried too but my doctor said they vary in size at times but just glands!! nothing to worry about. if you google "sebaceous glands labia" you'll see its super common and not a disease or disorder, just the same way fordyce "spots" granules are normal but those are more common on men but can be found on women and men, but these are sebaceous glands.

• Edited

you should relax especially since you're a virgin!! I'm 20 years old now, and honey I've had a similar problem like you did ever since I was 6 years old. Mine didnt get bad, but I remember sitting in class having an urge to scratch. It wasnt super super itchy, but when I scratch it'll feel SO GOOD and made me continuously scratch them which caused more irritation. they were def blocked glands and/or fordyce spots! I still have these spots today, but the whiteness faded and they blend in with my skin now. try not to worry much! I go to my gyno all the time and she says the glands are normal. but for the itching, you might have a bacterial infection (very common especially at your age!) try to have good hygiene, be gentle when washing down there, dont scratch, apply organic aloe vera (if you have any nearby. but don't be shy to tell your parent/guardian your problems! i made that mistake as a child. please dont feel embarrassed if you are uncomfortable down there!) and keep a healthy diet!

• Posted

I know I'm not the person who posted this picture, but I hate doctors and this made me feel so much better, as much as I myself am not sexual active, I've had these bumps as long as I could remember and hearing they don't hurt you makes me feel a lot better.

• Posted

Life saver! I was worrying so much too- I also have this problem at 13 😃

• Posted

You have nothing to worry about! although I don't have them, my younger sister had the exact same problem you have when we found out that they were non-harming we were ecstatic to find that out! I'm 25 now and my younger sis is 20!

• Posted

perfectly normal, its forcyde spots on the texture of the labia minora skin.

• Edited

image is this fordyce or how ever you spell it

• Posted

I have these things too. I'm really scared.

I'm 13 and I'm virgin, what is this?!?

• Posted

sebaceous glands... completely normal. I was worried too but my doctor said they vary in size at times but just glands!! nothing to worry about. if you google "sebaceous glands labia" you'll see its super common and not a disease or disorder, just the same way fordyce "spots" granules are normal but those are more common on men but can be found on women and men, but these are sebaceous glands.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.