Ive been told I have herpes but cant seem to believe it..

Posted , 11 users are following.

so about a week ago I was shaving my downtown area, and many times after I shave I become really dry down there and itchy from it being so try, well just this past week I was itching my Vagina, and I had fake nails at the time that were pretty long, and i scratched myself. It started out as a tiny "cut" as time progressed, it was almost as if my vagina was getting cuts all over my vagina. Open sores every where, itching was a million times worse, and then my vagina became so sore. I couldnt even urinate or have water touch the sores without wanting to cry. I could hardly even walk, so i went to the Doctor and immediatly she tells me without a doubt that its herpes. I had a blood test done in November and that came back negative, I know my boyfriend does not cheat on me and I do not cheat on him, and he has never ever had any symptoms but I know he gave me it. But I just dont understand how my blood test was negative, my boyfriend has 0 signs, but yet these vaginal sores all over my vagina and now butt hole sad IM MISERABLE. The meds my Doctor gave me arent doing anything and I feel like im getting worse. My right side of my body is so sore and feels swullen to me and I feel a little lump right in my overy region. I dont know whats going on if this is really herpes or if this is something else. I just want to feel better again. Im going through the 5 stages of grief over here!! lol! 

Point of all of this is I really would appreciate other peoples advice. I am so humiliated I cant talk to anyone about this not even my boyfriend. I posted pictures. The close up "cut" or whatever it is, is when i scratched myself. and then I posted a pic zoomed out of my vagina. Please please please give me feedback on if you guys think its herpes or what! Thank you so much!!!

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hey Claire,

I'm so so sorry you are going through this right now! I remember going through this exact same thing, I was so itchy down there, that I cut myself, then I noticed these white blisters turned yellow that started oozing.

When I went to the clinic I got visual confirmation that it was herpes, but I also got a swab done just to be sure. Did your doc do a swab test of the sores, or just a visual confirmation? That's important, because getting a test of the blister during an outbreak can determine your diagnoses or lack thereof.

Having said that - your man may have never shown symptoms but could have carried the virus, as it does and can lay dormant for YEARS. That's how sneaky this thing is!

What medication are you on? I was taking Valacyclovir and it did wonders - my outbreak was probably the most painful and traumatic experience of my life, but with the meds my symptoms went away completely after about a week.

Looking at your photos I would say it is herpes but again, I'd advise getting a swab test done to be sure.

Let me know how things pan out - and you are not alone, there's a whole community on here going through this and we are all here to support one another!!

And, to keep things in perspective, it seems really sh*tty right now but I've had it for a few months now and it hasn't changed my life one bit. My boyfriend is extremely supportive. If you talk to your man and educate each other, he will stand by you if he's the right guy for you.

Keep your head high girl!

• Posted

Thank you so much for responding! My dr did do a swab test but it has not came back yet sad she gave me Valacyclovir as well, but I just started it yesterday so today was technically only day 2 of it, how long did it start working for you? they are finally starting to scab over so maybe it really is working.. I am in just so much pain I cant take it. I dont know what to dosad
    • Posted

Girl, I got you! I know exactly what you're going through. I started taking the meds about 2 days into my outbreak. Once I was on the meds it took about a week for symptoms to fully disappear.

Here's what I did: I slept on the couch to prop my legs out and kept an ice pack covered in cloth between my legs. It numbed the pain. I also felt like applying cold rather than hot helped more so. Get rest. Relax. Drink lots of water and put your body at ease. Your immune system needs to build the antibodies. THIS WILL PASS, I promise you!

PM if you want to chat more. You're not alone! 😘

• Posted

Looking at the pictures, it looks like sores.

Ouch it looks very painful! Id look for some rememdies to heal the sores! I think the medication is just for right before an outbreak. So if you already started the outbreak the meds dont do much.

Try honey on your sores! I hear that works really well to heal them! I didnt get to try it because my sores were almost healed once i found that out. I know flu like sysmptoms occur during an outbreak. My body was aching all over, but it seems you might have something else going on?

Just know it will be ok!! and having hsv 1 or type 2 is very common!

I know its devistating to find out and your first OB is the worst but know it will be ok!! And you will get better!

• Posted

Ouch that looks so painful!

I suggest you take a warm salt bath with few drops of tea tree oil and just soak for 15-20 minutes.

Take it easy drink plenty of water,

I was diagnosed in June and slowly coming to terms with it ... I promise you it will get better!

It is only a minor skin condition! It is really unfortunate that we have it but it's life! Could be worse I always think ☺️

I think it's important you tell your boyfriend though but in your own time and when you feel ready of course xx

• Posted

Hey Claire .

From the looks of the pictures you do have herpes .. Those are open puss filled blisters .. And the pain that you are seeming to have is considered an outbreak .

Did she give you a full diagnosis or did she just tell you it looks like you Have herpes ?

You and your boyfriend didn't have to cheat on each other to have this ..

He could've gotten this a long time ago before you guys got together and never known.., just because he has zero signs doesn't mean he doesn't have it he should definitely get a blood test done ..

All will get better as the days go on Claire I promise and hopefully your boyfriend will accept this new diagnosis ..

God wouldn't put you through it if he didn't think you could make it.

Are you having discharge ?

• Posted

My Doctor did swab it but the results arent in yet sad I just cant get over how im having this horrid outbreak and can hardly even walk and yet he has nothing!? So not fair sad lol!
  • Posted

I'd go get a second opinion from a more bedside friendly doctor. What meds are you on and how long? Try taking an Epsom Salt bath....Leave that area alone right now and keep your hands clean. You need to have the sores swabed. Screw blood tests.
    • Posted

Hi! Im on Valacyclovir and its been about 2 days now. My doctor swabbed them but the results still arent back rolleyes
  • Posted

Ouch, looks painful! You could have just recently acquired it from your partner. Hsv doesn't pass with each and every sex act, only when shedding, so you could well have been negative in November. Should get it swabbed asap, preferably by pcr, to confirm hsv, and if so, which type.
    • Posted

During an outbreak and shedding. Shedding can occur at random without symptoms or next to no symptoms.
    • Posted

Some people are carriers. They have no outbreaks or such mild ones that they are overlooked or mistaken for something else, but they are still infectious, and just because they have a mild case doesn't mean that what they pass on will also be mild, as that is completely dependent on the individual.
    • Posted

So how will I be able to know if I'm shedding? whats the difference between shedding and out breaks? 
    • Posted

You can't tell. Shedding is when the virus is active and transmissible, and it can happen with symptoms (an outbreak) or none at all.
    • Posted

Ohhhh ok ok I understand now. Ugh I cant believe  I have this. I have so many questions and so many concerns.. I dont get why this had to happen to me...
    • Posted

I think the same way as well, but it is how it is, unfortunately. rolleyes The sneaky nature of hsv explains how it's unknowingly passed on so often. Around 70% of new infections are passed on by someone with no (but usually more a case of very mild and unrecognised) symptoms.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.