Ive just stopped taking cirtalapram feel wierd need advice.

Posted , 7 users are following.

For 3 months I've been taking 10mg sometimes taking extra dose as they helped me sleep I started getting tention headaches and shooting pains so I decided to stop suddenly today is the forth day without them headaches have stopped which is good news but I am for the last few days getting a weird feeling all over my body when I move my head and eyes it's like a dizzyness and tingling feeling i am so worried it's serious I wake up like I've had loads of alcohol the night before even when I stopped drinking a year ago I was like a zombie on cirtalapram so I needed to quit. I'm so weak now feel like my body has given up I can't tell my doctor he wouldn't be happy at all I did quit them as I was feeling so bad on them the headaches worried me to point that I could have something sinister in my head I'm 32 and struggled with depression since I was 14 I just won't to be normal a family recommended for me to take a week abroad so I agreed on going next week to try relax and come back cured which I no won't happen but now I'm feeling this weird sensation I don't know what to do any advice?

1 like, 34 replies

Report / Delete

34 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi,

Have you been wheening yourself off then or just stopped taking then cold turkey?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Joseph,

I started citalopram 2 weeks ago, after taking it for 9 days my doctor advised me to come off it as I was really poorly with the, side effects.

I am now on my 6th day not taking them and I'm feeling the withdrawal symptoms quite badly and that's only taking it for nine days I didn't wheen myself off them as doctor said to quit cold turkey as I had only been on them 9 days. I would definitely advise you to speak to your gp and arrange a plan of wheening yourself off them and not just stop taking them, you've been on them longer so therefore we might be having same withdrawal symptoms but it might take longer for them to come out of your system.

I go on holiday in less than two weeks so I feel your worry and panic aswell as if to are you going to feel like this whilst away.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I have been thinking about discussing this with gp I only stopped because of nasty headaches I was confused alot to I mean for example I went in shop but milk and bread and I had to count up my change several times my mind went blank I must of looked like I can't even count up £1.79 for my items this drug is the worst I also take mirtazipine as well once a night my GP keeps giving me new meds I've been on so many meds for depression I've lost count 7 days away jetting of to Lanzarote and I feel like this the nasty headaches reduced by 90% since coming off them really don't want to touch them again I can't anyway I thrown them away last night I'll see how I feel tomorrow and if it's worser I'll go gp to hear him have a go for stopping without advising him my problem I am in constant fear of something more serious I avoid going I feel like a nosense to gp lol but thanks for reply.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I didn't have that problem, I just constantly felt sick to the point I thought I would be, stomach pains, dizziness and severe headaches to the point I was almost fainting.

I was on mitazapine for a month before going to docs as I found it really hard waking up in the morning and my sleep had improved so felt I didn't feel want to be on them anymore, that's when they changed me to citalopram worst decision ever. Can't wait for these side effects to ware off and I'll be back to normal. Definitely go to docs if u don't want to go back on citalopram to come off them properly they might be able to give u something else to help with headaches.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

My headaches have been reduced were I can manage I did just pop into pharmacy and she said the side effects I'm experiencing are from withdrawels she said I need to ween of them or bear with cold turkey which could last two weeks or two months she said how long is a peice of string advice to tell GP and have some options.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Joseph, I was the same & had to go back on them, I suggest taking half a one every day to enjoy your holiday better, good luck.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up