Job centre letter

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi I received a letter asking for me to attend an appointment at the job centre i am on esa and currently applying for pip the letter says they want to make sure I have everything I need and to update anything that's needs to be updated has anyone had this and if so could you please tell me what it means and what happens in this appointment my anxiety is through the roof and I'm really scared and nervous about this appointment thanks everyone

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I've never heard of this; perhaps you could contact the CAB about it.

• Posted

Hi Georgia thanks for your reply I'd never heard of this either I've been in esa nearly a year now and I haven't heard anything until now.

• Posted

Dont understand this one because even if they suspected anything that your claiming isn't right they would come out to your home ..

• Posted

That's what I thought but it came out of the blue randomly and I've been besides myself ever since my anxiety is through the roof

• Posted

High James

I friend of mine had a similar letter about 2 years ago. I went with her to the interview. It was exactly what it said on the tin, simply a check to see if anything had changed on her claim. She was asked about various things such as living arrangements, savings etc.

As there were no changes the interview was over very quickly. I would add its worth taking someone with you.

• Posted

Hi Anthony thanks for replying your comment has really helped my anxiety I'm so besides myself at the moment as it'd so out of the blue but nothing has changed over than I've got my mri results back from my bad back so I now know what's wrong so other than that nothing has changed

• Posted

No problem James keep clam. Believe me if the DWP were asking you to attend the JC+ because they had evidence of benefit fraud you would have received an 'interview under caution letter'.

These letters are really fishing letters, they are sent out at random and a percentage will arrive at claimants who do have something to hide. Simply receiving one doesn't imply that you have done anything wrong.

• Posted

That is not correct. I got such a letter asking me to pop in the JC to 'make sure I was getting everything that I should', no mention of undercaution. I phoned first as I am on a pension and couldn't make out why I had got a letter. The guy I spoke to was extremely helpful and said that they had a call saying that I had failed to declare income. I pointed out that I did indeed have an inheritance but that if he checked he would find it had been fully declared. I also told him that I knew full well who had called them and that it was an half baked vindictive relative. The guy said he would take our telephone conversation as a statement and that would be the end of it.

• Posted

Generally the DWP ask you see a compliance officer in cases like you have just described where someone has phoned the benefit hotline and mentioned one of the 'trigger' phrases such as undeclared income. They wouldn’t mention ‘Interview under caution’ in that letter either.

Also they don't normally sought these matters out over the phone. What should have happened was someone looked at your claim and should have spotted the income declaration and dropped the matter there. It seems your situation was a bit of a cock up, no surprise there!

• Posted

If they originally come out to your home or you can prove going to them isn't something you can do then ask for a home visit

• Posted

Letters worded like this can often mean that the DWP think you haven't declared all of your income. Someone - often a relative - will call the benefit grassup line and say you are working but not declaring it. You then get the fishing expedition that you describe.

Of course IMBW

• Posted

Imustimust thanks for replying the only thing I can think of is that one of my ex friends was threatening to make an accusation against me for no reason due to her not liking me anymore but I haven't done anything so I shouldn't need to worry

• Posted

Hi James I have never hard of that I never did that
  • Posted

Hi if your on the support group you shouldn't have to go but if your on the work related group they do ask you to go but it's nothing major really I suffer from panic attacks &anxiety can't go out so the ring me

Instead of me going into the job centre abou every 6 month or so I'm on the work related group I have osteoarthritis in both knees I've just put in for pip too hope this helps good luck 😊

• Posted

Things have probably changed since I was first on ESA back in late 2009.

I was eventually put into the Support Group after failing the assessment. within about 6 weeks of getting the award I was signposted by the JC+ (via a request to call in to see someone the week after at the RBL. 

Off I went the following week and it was a case of having to decide what work I wanted to do and how I would go about getting it.

It didn't matter that I had a job to go back to even though I had been off sick for over 6 months. It was certainly a high pressure meeting - I felt coming out that I had to either resign my job and find another or get back to work now.

• Posted

Hi susan thanks for your reply I'm in the support group I have been ever since coming on esa so I got really worried when this letter came through I basically have bad knees where my kneecaps aren't aligned properly and I have inflammation of my cartilage in both knees and then my back i pulled just before Christmas 2015 and then been fighting to find out what's wrong and I have three herniated discs in my lower back i hope all is ok for you and thanks for helping with this

• Posted

Susan that is true if this letter was in regard to looking for work. It's not it is a benefits check on whether there have been any changes in James' claim.

He does have to attend and if he didn't he could face the prospect of having his claim being ended.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.