Job centre letter

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi I received a letter asking for me to attend an appointment at the job centre i am on esa and currently applying for pip the letter says they want to make sure I have everything I need and to update anything that's needs to be updated has anyone had this and if so could you please tell me what it means and what happens in this appointment my anxiety is through the roof and I'm really scared and nervous about this appointment thanks everyone

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Give them a call tomorrow asking what it's about or you could call sounding confused as to why you have received a letter asking you to go in as you are in the support group (I know you haven't received a 'help looking for work' letter) and they might explain what it's about

• Posted

Erykah71 thanks for your reply I definitely haven't received a help looking for work letter but the only thing is my appointment is tomorrow so not sure if it's to late to ring up first thing to find out why I have an appointment and I'm scared that if I don't go they will cut me off and I need the help the dwp and the jobcentre really do make me feel as though I'm lying and like there's noting wrong when there is its almost like they will find any excuse to scare you or cut your payments

• Posted

Aww, well I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. Try to relax and it will be over before you know it. Good luck and let us know how you get on 

• Posted

Hi James,

I am also in the Esa support group and Pips and got one of these letters so went along to the job centre to. meet a job coach. It was up to me if I wanted to go or not as I was in the support group. Hope that helps

• Posted

Just to let everyone know that the meeting was about accusations made against me so they have now stopped my benefits and I've got nothing to live on I have to now try and find work due to this and it'd got to be a job that I can do with a bad back and legs but thank you again all of you for your support

• Posted

Ah no, sorry to hear about this James. Is there no option to fight the decision?
    • Posted

I hate to say it James but that is exactly what I thought. Presumably it is for them to prove you have an income and not the other way around so can you appeal?

• Posted

James phone the JSA/UC 0345 600 0723 and ask about a hardship payment. Unfortunately they are loans which need to be paid back but if you are desperate it is a possibility.

They do expect you to take loans from friends and family first but if this cannot be done then tell them so.

• Posted

I'm afraid not no because of the accusations I can't apply for any benefits other than pip as I still live with my housemate so I have to have a different household but it's ok I'll service thanks for your concerns it means alot

• Posted

Hi Anthony I'd rather not do that I have enough debt and I'm gonna only be able to work part time if I have to but thank you for your concern I'll keep it in mind incase I need it

• Posted

It's what I thought aswell but I'll find a way to survive but I'll be ok thank you for your comments and support

• Posted

Thanks Georgia for your concern I can't appeal I'm afraid due to the accusations i can't apply for any benefits while I live with my housemate except for pip.

• Posted

Hi james I had the same letter I went it's nothing to worry about James it's as it says .checking u have the right clam u getting the right money

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.