Joint pain and stem cell therapy.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Injections of platelet rich plasma (PRP) into injured parts of the body reduce pain and improve function more than surgical or steroid treatments, according to a new study published in The Journal of the American Osteopathic Association (JAOA).

has as anyone tried PRP therapy. There are specialized clinics in my area I am hoping to try this . 

4 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

where are you? Have nit heard of this but will pull the article.. thank you
    • Posted

West coast US cool and you 

I have read a lot about clinical studies and would like more info from patient experience.

• Posted

Colorado Springs

so, r u a computer.. you seem to be involved in many discussions. providing links to the articles would be most helpful 😄

• Posted

I'm sorry but one of the rules of this forum is no links posted. Usually due to patient care has their own links. 

You can do a search on this forum for just about anything.

no I'm not a computer. Mabe a bit curious.cheesygrin

• Posted

It's against the forums rules to post links.

you can do a search on this forum for just about anything. The patient Heath forum to the right of the page.

no I'm no a computer. But very curious.

• Posted

I am hoping to receive more info on PRP on our site.  I've read a paper advertising PRP at a clinic in Potomac, MD last year.  I didn't have time to follow up and now I will be traveling. I will continue looking into it and would like any info from all our people on the site.  Thanks.  Take care  and be healthy.  Exercise and proper diet mean a great deal to us at any age.

• Posted

Please keep in touch with any results if you decide to do cell therapy.

thanks.

Hope

• Posted

I would also like to hear anyone's experiences of this.

• Posted

i am asking my doc this week and may try it for my knee and shoulder. 

Wouldnt hurt to see if there is heeling from this treatment. I have read good thing from this process. So may just get out there and do it. It takes several treatments and months before results . 

• Posted

There are so much food news on cell therapy. Many new clinics have been popping up in the US . I am waiting for more research and clinical trials. 

Nayone been treated in the US with umbilical stem cell therapy?

• Posted

Yes, my Orthopedic surgeon gave me a PRP injection be cause I was having so much pain in my thighs. He had a centrifuge in one of his rooms and the way it works is they take some of your blood, run it through the centrifuge and remove all the platelets and inject them into wherever

You hurt. I works great. Really got rid of the pain in that thigh.

My problem was that he stopped taking my insurance plus I paid $100 co-pay. I was supposed to have three injections but only

Had one because I couldn't afford any more

They really do wonders for pain.

• Posted

Thank you Susan for the info. On storm cell therapy.

hey that's great how quickly it helped the pain. That sounds like a very important clue to helping pain. 

Im gonna check with my orthopedic surgeon. 

beats pain meds I'm all 4 it. The price is steep for 1 shot. Almost as spendy as injection fillers in the face by plastic surgeons. 

I think there here is a lot of great thing coming down the pip for stem cell therapy too! 

Hopexxx

• Posted

Thanks for the info susan I've been thinking about having that

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.