Joint pain and stem cell therapy.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Injections of platelet rich plasma (PRP) into injured parts of the body reduce pain and improve function more than surgical or steroid treatments, according to a new study published in The Journal of the American Osteopathic Association (JAOA).

has as anyone tried PRP therapy. There are specialized clinics in my area I am hoping to try this . 

4 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I actually has PRP. One injection when I had insurance. Still had a huge copay. I was supposed to have 3 injections but they wouldn't take Medicare.

I'll tell you though, that one injection helped so much. It was amazing!

• Posted

Hi susan, just a few questions, are you in Australia? Does private health cover it? is it done in a hospital or in an xray place. Thanks
    • Posted

I'm in the US. I don't know if private insurance covers it. Might be best to ask your insurance company.

My Orthopedic surgeon does it in his office.

It did wonders for me but I think you might have to keep getting them but not real sure about that.

• Posted

I am 8 weeks post stem cell injection into my left knee. My pain is now almost nonexistent. I won't lie though, the injection itself and the first 2 weeks post injection was VERY painful. I was told upfront that it could take up to 6 months to get the full effects from the injection. They harvested the stem cells from the fat removed from my stomach. The entire procedure took 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours.  My experience has been very positive and would do it again in a minute.

• Posted

Sooty took so long getting back to u. Was in the hospital and convalesce from total hip revision. 

I am am very interested in where you had this procedure. I would like to try it in my knees. 

You sound very very positive and tell me how the injections improved 

The pain and the use of your knee. 

I am am very encouraged. Please tell me more. I have sought out a few clinics in my neck of the woods and would like to give it a try. 

• Posted

Should say should say Sorry ...😀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.