Just been diagnosed

Posted , 15 users are following.

So I'v been diagnosed with diverticular disease. I haven't been able to sleep or eat well in a week.

I don't have a fever. I just have abdominal pain on my left side. Bloating and constipation are also an issue. My symptoms will come and go throughout the day and week. I'm starting to lose hope. This is just too overwhelming for me.

I'm only 28. I am really depressed right now. My wife keeps crying because she can't handle me going through this for life. I'm staying strong but it's hard to fathom going through the rest of my life being scared to eat certain foods or not being able to drink wine. I feel like I'm 50. I just feel like my youth has been cut short. I'm trying to be strong but it's definitely breaking me.

Anyone else feel like this? What should I do?

Any advice is helpful. I just need some people to talk to.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi,

My name is Matthew im

28 years old and i have also been diagnosed with DD in March 2020 (last year). I have some questions, despite DD not being terminal does it get worse with age?, and does it shorten life expectancy?. I habe then since March have started to drink 5-6 glasses of water a day, high fibre breakfast cereal and I eat alot of fruit a day with good heavy meals, but my main question is... can you still have takeaway meals in a blue moon? and beer... (Pub)?.

I am a massive worrier.

thank you

matthew

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.