just been diagnosed as having copd and only 40

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I have just been diagnosed as having copd i am only 40 and been told i am quite young to have this but my question is this i get chest pains sometimes very bad to the point that if feels as if some very heavy weights have been put on my chest is this normal as i do get upset when i have these thanks for reading

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

You need to get this checked out URGENTLY, this could be your llungs, it could be your heart or it could be indigestion.   Heavy weights sounds more like heart than anything else - get yourself to emergency ASAP, in fact I'd be calling an ambulance the very next time this happens.

I mucked around with chest pains for a couple of years believing the pain to be indigestion until finally had a hearth attack.   Subsequently I had reflux which felt like a heart attack!

• Posted

Hi Kimberley I sent you a post about alpha 1 and I am concerned that you have not acknowledged it.  I know several people online who were diagnosed with copd when young like you and they weren't tested for this.  It turned out they did have it which impacted adversely on their condition.

Please get yourself tested for it and let me know you have read my post.  I would hate you to go through this.    Bev xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.