just been diagnosed this week

Posted , 5 users are following.

i have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and im not at all satisfied that thats all that is wrong i also have shown symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis the doctor told me a bit about fibromyalgia and i know that when the body senses pain the brain perception of that pain is far greater than that of a person without fibromyalgia and i have also been told that its now recognised as a disability now and i have had it for 26 years now and am mostly bed bound every day does that mean im disabled cause i could really do with some advice on this

2 likes, 59 replies

59 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

My goodness... isn't it funny when you read back over what your've typed up a day or so later and you find your've posted a 'Brain fogged' version of what you were actually trying to type/say.  hahaha  .... hilarious tsk tsk...
  • Posted

Hi Derek I wondered if you had a shop called Ableworld where you live. It sells aids for people with a disability.if you register with them some items you dont have to pay VAT on and some items you do. They sell all sorts from stairlifts to comodes toileting aids food aids footwear supports chairs cushions for the cars. I got my wheel chair from them and quite a few different aids to help me.and made a saving also as I didnt have to pay VAT on some items. the shop where I go are very helpful and knowlegeable in the things they sell. Hope your pain has eased take care gentle hug
    • Posted

no i dont but i will be getting an occupational therapist in as i do need a lot of healp im always in secere pain and always very week even after sleeping for up to 14 hours and todays no different and i to feel like i could benefit from using a wheel chair as i find it so hard to walk i just dont have the strength to do it the pain is not getting better but at least im doing my best with it and trying to get help with mobility aids ect and as for work i just cant do anything i would love to work but i just cant seem to do yet alone cope with doing anything
    • Posted

just take a da at a time try not stress worry easier said than done but it makes our condition worse. Try different things to help ease your pain listen to what your body is telling you if you push yourself too hard you will get knocked back. if your body is telling you to rest and sleep then do that. do what you can to make yourself comfortable take what your able to for pain relief, and use what you can to ease the pain hotwater bottles and wheat bags help me.you with trying different things you will soon find what works for you what doesnt. try not to focus on the pain as it only makes things worse for you. I know its hard its abattle for us  all each every day is abattle.but its a case of we have to get on with it as their isnt an alternative I wish their was for us. the pain waxes wanes you may wake up 1 day to find its not too bad that day, we have to just go with the flow as they say and just take each day as it comes, get through as best we can. I find giving my self a little treat also helps whether its flowers having hair done if Im up to it a coffee out. get your son to draw you a picture focus on him and your dear wife. I try focus on other things if Ican sometimes it works and helps another day it may not. but we have to try things and we have no choice but to adapt and try to handle the pain as best we can. this isnt a normal pain its a different sort of pain to what we have previously experienced. we just have to find a way as copeing as best we can. I can no longer work and feel quilt as everything is put on my husband. But none of us asked for this condition and none of us want it. every one on here knows how each other is feeling and what each other is going through. we will help each other through it. Wish I had a magic wand to wave over us all. I find chatting on here helps me a great deal and Imfocussing on you guys and not the agony Im in. we have to battle on onwards upwards marching altogeather thinking of you take care
    • Posted

i know what you mean and im the same as you and you have helped me so much i honestly cant thank you enough but even though we feel like a burden on our partners we are so lucky to have them and remember in sickness and in health it works both ways and we would look after them to just as they do us and they do it not by choice or cause they have to they do it out of love and we are lucky to have people like that in our lives and i feel lucky to have a great friend like you and honestly writing you that has bought a tear to my eyes as i mean it x
    • Posted

am off to bed for a couple of hours take care my friend x
    • Posted

hope you mangae to get some sleep rest up take caresmile
    • Posted

Hi Derek. Kaz is so right it's about listening to your body. Something I don't always do and then pay for it. I hope that you managed to get some sleep. I do puzzle books and jigsaws, if my hands let me I do knitting or crochet. It takes my mind off the pain for a bit. Take care. Gentle hugs
    • Posted

i had a great sleep it was the best ive had in a long time however i woke up in the worst pain i have ever felt so i will have to rest up tommorow as i think i over did things so will have to slow down and have gone on a site called freecycle and have managed to find a wheelchair going for free and its as good as new so that will come in very handy as my legs feel like there giving up on me but at least i can stil get around
    • Posted

morning Janet how are you today?  hope your not in too much pain. Ive been up since 4.20 unable to sleep. so been pottering around doing bits. hope the weather will be fine today Ive got loads of washing to do.hope you have alovely day take care gentle hugsmile
    • Posted

Hi Kaz. I was like that Tuesday and Wednesday was up at 5 am. I am still in agony. Made an appointment to see the GP on Friday morning.

I am just trying to gather the energy to get out of bed. Daren't move till my son is out of the bathroom. I hope the weather plays fair today, like you I have loads of washing to hang out today. I did 1 load last night and have another to do today. Hope you have a good day. Take care and gentle hugs

• Posted

Morning Derek. Glad you had a good sleep. Good for you finding a free wheelchair. I'm still in agony this morning. Have made an appointment to see my GP on Friday morning. Hopefully she will be able to sort me out.

Hope you have a good day. Take care and gentle hugs. Janet

• Posted

Hi Kaz. I forgot to ask how your dog got on at the vets. Mine went on Monday and had a biopsy done and needs an op. Thank God for insurance. Take care. Gentle hugs
    • Posted

Hi Janet so sorry to hear about your dog needing an op, I hope he will be ok bless him. The vet looked charlie over asked if he been in contact with another dog.I said no, he said charlie has been bitten by another dog and it had become infected.I said well are you sure hes been bitten by another dog I told him charlie had been in kennels. he said well we have no proof but thats what I think has happend. with charlies fur being so thick we hadnt seen it. hes on antibiotics and steroid tablets. Im so angry up set hes in a right mess. hes never going in kennels again. thats twice now he caught ecoli in another kennel he had stopped in. Ive been left with hefty bills to pay.Not happymad hope your not in too much pain I keep having muscel spasams this morning I bent over and was stuck like it for 15 mins I couldnt straighten up? oh well onwards upwards we go. take care gentlee hugs
    • Posted

Hi Janet sun is shinning washing out feeling shattered now with being a wake all night and up at 4? Hope all goes well with your gp appointment on friday. sorry to hear your in agony wish I could take all our pain a way take care gentle hugs.  
    • Posted

hi i have only just got up as i did over do things and i keeo forgetting to slow down and will now listen to my body as im not going through the pain i had this morning it was horrible the pain just knocked me out and my wife just thought i when to sleep but it was the pain that put me to sleep and im still aching all over but at least its not to bad at the moment how are you xx
    • Posted

Hi Kaz. I'm so sorry to hear about Charlie. When you put them in kennels you expect them to be properly looked after. Hopefully he will be feeling better soon. Can't believe it I have managed to hang out 3 loads of washing and got 2 loads dry. I have also loaded and unloaded the dishwasher 3 times. I know I've done to much and I'll pay for it later. Only dinner to prepare and cook now. Keep going head down. Take care and gentle hugs 😊
    • Posted

Hi Derek. I have now done to much, hung out and brought in 3 loads of washing and loaded and unloaded the dishwasher 3 times so far. Only need to prepare and cook dinner now. You obviously needed the rest, it doesn't do us any good to do to much. I'm at the doctors in the morning, need to know what is going on with me. I ache all over, more than normal, could be my hay fever kicking off my fibromyalgia. Any keep going with head down. Take care and gentle hugs.
    • Posted

get your feet up and have a cup of tea when your done and just rest up i over did it 2 days ago and i paid for it bigtime as i ended up in bed in agonising pain and i wished i took it easy hope you will be ok as i know what its like doing to much
    • Posted

hope your ok and please take it easy now i dont want you over doing things i did and paid for it big time have a well deserved rest and taake it easy now please
    • Posted

Hi Janet Youve been doing what Ive been doing washing and sorting the dishwasher out then I polished and hoovered.  Iam now in pain with my arms and back early night for me I feel shattered. hubby is doing tea thankgoodness, I have found that if I come down ill with something eg flu cold stomach bug it It causes me to have a flare up I end up in bed for a week or more.  its happenend to me a few times. it just makes the fibro worse for some reason. Hope all goes well for you tomorrow at the drs take care gentle hugs 
    • Posted

Hi derek Im resting feeling shattered with being up all night I got up at 4 this morning, and have done some jobs how are you hows your day been hope the pain has eased a bit for you take care gentle hug
    • Posted

we will probably pay for it later us over doing things slap on the head for us both must learn to pace ourselves, Im finding that hard to do, Im use to being on the go all the time. very upset over charlie Im hopeing the tablets will kick in and help him and make him much better. Ive to take him back in 2 weeks time. he wount be going in kennels again. thats tweice Ive kenneld him hes been bad, once at a rescue centre for cats dogs that did boarding also now this kennel. heartbreaking you put your pet in their care this is how its ended. he is being pampered and getting lots of attention which hes enjoying. take care rest up gentle hugssmile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.