just been diagnosed with cervical spondlyosis

Posted , 14 users are following.

I have it in a number of levels.... feeling a bit low as not knowing what to expect or do about it as my doctors dont tell me anything. Im 46 and really worried and feel alone.  

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi i am also a CS patient. Dont feel low because, this is not cancer. but yes painful. If you know how to get rid of the pain then LG (life's good). Here are couple of steps that i followed, actually somehow i invented these steps and they do work.

I am also a CS patient. I have found following things relieving

a. In case of acute pain in the cervical region, I take a hot water bath. stand beneath the hot water shower with back facing the shower. the water should be slightly hotter than normal comfort level. This is the best for sudden relief.

b. Lie down on the bed facing towards ceiling with your head, neck and further 6 inches of back hanging down from the bed. close your eyes and take deep breath, hold for 5 seconds and relieve. do this for atleast 3-4 times.

c. lie on the bed and turn your head and try to look in the diagonal direction, which means consider your self sleeping north (head) to south (feet) , normally we exercise by turning the head east to west. Rather try to see an object kept at north-east and north-west.

d. Pranayam - You can search for anulom-vilom on you tube. If you are able to do this for two weeks in the morning for 15 minutes daily, the change is dramatic. there are other yoga excercises but this is best to begin with.

e. Sit on a chair with back straight and head straight. Simultaneously turn your head vertically up and take deep breath. When your head is facing the ceiling, hold the breath for 5 seconds and then turn your head down back to the original position with exhaling air. remember not to turn your head down. (We are people with Cervical spondolysis, we never bow down biggrin  )

f. Massage the are right below the ears, i.e the side part of the neck with a pain relief ointment. also behind the ears.

g. Massage the shoulders with a menthol based pain relief ointment.

These are my experiences, i hope they are useful for all who suffer from this painful condition.

• Posted

many thanks you have been a great help especially with the warm water that does help a great deal,  i dont know if this is helpful to you but have you tried a tens machine i find it helps with headaches and neck paIin, keep up the good work love tracey x
    • Posted

Thanks greatly Raghave,

I have done the shower treatment,and I am going to give all your other suggestions a good try.

• Posted

Hi there, I've just been diagnosed with Cervical Spondylosis - got this sharp pain in my right arm that went straight down to my fingertips, i could not lift my arm up at all. My Doctor send me for xrays on my neck and the result is CS. There is a grade 1 degenerative anterolisthesis of C4 on C5, and a slight

retrolisthesis of C5 on C6. There is reversal of the cervical lordosis. There is moderate stenosis of the right C6 exit foramen, and mild narrowing of multiple other foramina bilaterally - not quite sure what this mean exactly.

• Posted

hi susie welcome to the site, i was diagnosed four years ago, but only now been told that the pain ive been experiencing in numerous places is due to the cs, my dr is hopeless as well,  it is easy to feel down and alone but remember you arent we are all the same on here, and im sure we will all support you and encourage you every step of the way, i have found this site very helpful, ive even bought a book lol, i have learnt a lot about cs the last few weeks so if you have any questions please feel free to ask me ok, you are among friends here as im sure everyone will agree. but for now try not to worry, it does get painful during flare ups and you will get bad days but you will also get good days, and lots of them, you havnt sai where you are getting the pain at the moment, but if its youre back legs or anywhere really i find a warm bath helps a great deal, if you can manage it, and a slow short walk helps to, try not to sit down to much if you can, i find that makes it worse, i hope ive been of some help, and im on here everyday ok, if you want to chat take care and keep youre chin up you CAN do it ok, look after yourself hun, love tracey x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.