just been told i have fibromyalgia and im so confused

Posted , 9 users are following.

hi, my namw is kerry i have recently been told that i have fibromyalgia its freaked me out im only 27 years old but i have been in pain with my back for as long as i can remember and the last few tears it has got worse its like it was spreading thu my body, my doctor has gaveme Gabapentin 100mg but i dont know much about the conditon apart from the fact thati will have it for therest of my life and all i can do is try to control the pain with pain meds! i just feel like if i could talk tosome1 with the same condition that can give me a little advice and infomation im scared and im confused im trying to be strong i want to control this i dont want it to control me i just feel like i have been hit with the news and left to deal with it, i dont know where to go or who to talk to but my doctor recomened this site so hopefully some1 on here can help me and then hopefully 1 ay ill be anble to return the favor to some1 else. thank you for reading this my sympathy gos out to any1 else suffering from this condtion not every1 understands how painful it can be. 

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hey I've just been put on gabapentin 300 x 3 x a day. I feel so spaced out... My doc never told me much either just said to research on the Internet. There are a lot of nice people here (I don't post much but I read a lot) an I'm sure they will be about soon to offer u some could advice.

There's always someone to talk to here from what I've read.

• Posted

hi thank u for your replie the most info I've had is from reading people's posts on here there's some nice ppl about. My doc wants to ease me into them up them slowly as I only found out yesterday they give me terrible dry mouth xx
  • Posted

I got diagnosed on Tuesday, I also have chronic fatigue and Raynaud's and I'm in exactly the same boat. I've also been given the same drug as you. It does feel very overwhelming but looking at other posts it seems we need to take each day as it comes, listen to our bodies and try not to overload our brains with stress. We can do this !!!!!!!!!!!! Gentle hugs x
    • Posted

Thank you for your kind reply it has helped reading other peoples comments it's so so much to take in I feel totally lost its easier knowing there are ppl out there to talk to tho. How are you getting on with ur tablets if you don't mind me asking I don't think I'm just to mine yet I only started them yesterday and there still making me feel a bit funny seem to help with the pain tho, Thank u again and your totally right we can do this! Strong women can beat anything!! Be strong babe smile sending gentle hugs back xxxxx
    • Posted

I started mine yesterday to but I haven't noticed any difference tbh but this condition seems to have a 'one size doesn't fit all' policy. I think we all have to find what works for us. Much love x
    • Posted

It defenetly seems to effect everyone differently these seem to give me terrible dry mouth n feel really wobbly pain is slightly easier but it varies daily anyway so hard to tell if it's actually the meds xxxx
    • Posted

I know where you are coming from. Im just trying to stay positive and deal with things as they happen. Its good to know we are all here for each other. If you ever need a chat feel free to PM me x
    • Posted

i don't k ow how to private mail :-/ thank you tho means a lot I don't k ow a lot about it but if you ever need some1 to talk to same God I'll always listen. It's helped me to know I'm not alone, stay strong bbe smile xxxx
    • Posted

PM by pressing little grey envelope on left hand side of message, under star x
  • Posted

I understand how frustrating that can be for you because I was there also. I am on the Neurontin(Gabapentin)and it helps some by I am at the maximum dose. I can tell when I've forgot a dose because I am in much moe pain. Please always be researching and be a advocate for yourself. Take care and God bless! Prayers!!
    • Posted

Thank you every1 on here is so supportive it's making it easier to be positive I've got ppl I can go to bit no1 that knows what it's like you will know your self when some1 asks you what's ring u can't quite explain it I'm gonna stick to my meds I'm on the same as u but only on the 100 dose 3 3x a day till I'm used to it then up them if needs be I feel like they might b helping but then I have only used them for 2 days so I've not gave them much of a chance to kick in yet xxxx
  • Posted

Hi kerrymazie's

I was told at Christmas that I had fibro.It took me a few weeks to come to terms with living with it for ever.

I was in the hairdressers one day when a lady heard me talking about it. She said remember not to give every thing up and pace yourself.

Also listen to your body and rest when you can.god bless you .Take care wink

• Posted

Thank you every1 on here is so sweet and helpful I didn't think I'd get as many replies it's good to know there's ppl out there to help that lady was right we can't give up just need to adapt to it it feels like so much to take in it's hard to live with and I feel like all I've been told is its for life :-/ I've got a Armstrong support system around me and the people on here have picked me up so much thank you for taking the time to replie to me I appreciate it. Stay strong Hun xxx
  • Posted

Hi Kerrymazie

Welcome to the Fibro folk forum and to the club nobody wants to be in. Fibro is very individual and can change from day to day. Treatment is also very individual. I could not take the drugs as the side effects were too great a trade off but I have gone down the alternative therapy route and take various supplements to help me together with a careful diet. No junk food, no gluten and completely refined sugar free.  Cooking everything from scratch is a chore but the freezer can come in helpful. Also I eat lots of raw veg and fruit. Seems to help me and I certainly know about it if I eat something I shouldn't.  May be worth keeping a diary to see what symptoms present when and whether there is a link to diet or exercise etc.  You may find a pattern. Most important is trying to keep a positive mental attitude - hard I know.

• Posted

Thank you that is a very helpful message I will try anything I just want to be comfortable I know it's here to stay so need to find the best way to deal with it and control it I feel for you not been able to take the painkillers I don't know what i would do with out them I do enjoy to cook but I don't have the best of diets. I suppose that all might have to change now. Everyday is different so it's difficult to work out what helps and what dosnt. I've only known a couple of days tho so it dose feel better now I actually know what it is and how to help it xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.