just been told i have fibromyalgia and im so confused

Posted , 9 users are following.

hi, my namw is kerry i have recently been told that i have fibromyalgia its freaked me out im only 27 years old but i have been in pain with my back for as long as i can remember and the last few tears it has got worse its like it was spreading thu my body, my doctor has gaveme Gabapentin 100mg but i dont know much about the conditon apart from the fact thati will have it for therest of my life and all i can do is try to control the pain with pain meds! i just feel like if i could talk tosome1 with the same condition that can give me a little advice and infomation im scared and im confused im trying to be strong i want to control this i dont want it to control me i just feel like i have been hit with the news and left to deal with it, i dont know where to go or who to talk to but my doctor recomened this site so hopefully some1 on here can help me and then hopefully 1 ay ill be anble to return the favor to some1 else. thank you for reading this my sympathy gos out to any1 else suffering from this condtion not every1 understands how painful it can be. 

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Kerrymaize

With Fibro it's not an easy doagnosis.  I have been suffering pains when I was 23 and I was only diagnosed withFibro Aug 2014.  I am now 45 and have lived with it all my married life.  Staying away from stress is the main thing.  You have to learn that you are not a robot and can only do one thing at a time and also to deal with a day at a time. I have only learnt this experience through having Cognitive Behavior Therapy which I had sessions for six weeks and only started them in Nov 2014. 

Fibro, unfortuantely are pains that no-one can see but us sufferers feel the pains. Allow time for yourself and not to worry about others and taking their stresses on board.  We all fall into this trap that as life goes on and people depend on you, we forget the most important thing.....(ME).

Since joining this forum in March, I have had such great supportm this forum and hope you will too.

Gentle hugs wink x

• Posted

you take control of it ,your alot younger then i was when it hit me i was 46 /47 i am now 55 , i never went on any meds because i checked them out and the side effects seemed mostly simulair to the condition its self 

so how would i know if it was the meds causing the problem 

or the condition.

i v tried many things over the years and found what helps me in the natrual field . so thats what i am sticking to . 

keep moving other wise your stiffen up and it will be hard to get going again and you become stiffer and sorerer try and.keep positive not easy i know ,keep giving your self small goals each day , get out side as much as you can daylight is important. 

i can tell you the supplements i use if your interested i will pm you . razz

• Posted

Hi dont worry we r all the same on here it is frightening at first but as it goes on u and you are prescribed the right medication for the pain as well u will be ok and life will go on not completely free but easier for you ive had it for a few years just been prescribed the same tablets as you but a lower dosage but i need a higher dose take carexx
  • Posted

The gabapentin is making me feel off all woozy like an in my job I need to be able to focus an pay attention to detail so I hope it's just my body getting used to them an that these feelings will subside.

• Posted

I had Gabapentin a few years ago but as the dose was increased I began to feel like a zombie so came off them. I later was prescribed Pregabalin which for me has had less side effects. It's very much a matter of trial and error finding out what suits you and works for you. Good luck xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.