just come out hospital following attack pancreatitis, any tips for recovery?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Had morphine,Hartman's,fluids and more analgesia.back home tired and still sore.any tips on adding recovery welcomed.

I don't drink,don't smoke and eat low fat diet and walk dog daily.have serous adrenoma cysts and one may have leaked causing this flair up,does anyone know if surgical removal of my cysts would stop further attacks pancreatitis?

Many thanks cathy

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi all,

weight is dropping off as i cant eat much.(not that i was overweight to start with) but i look so comical,thin legs and thin above the huge stomach . Sopposed to be back at work tomorrow, but just too ill to evan think about it. Doctors tonight 5.30.putting together some questions and thought your views wod be good to have.

1.wod creon help?

2.Dietitian referral

3.is it safe to have ERCP and further biopsy taken after attack acute pancresisitis?

4.Would taking the 3 adrenoma cysts out pancreas stop further attacks?

5.past menopause and not eatting much,do i need bone protection?

6.hospital gave me Tramodol,which makes me feel spaced out,had oramorph before,could i go back to oramorph?

Tell me your thoughts.Going to knit,read and rest today.

cathy

• Posted

creon is good its an enzyme that helps digest fat you eat. its a bit of a bind working how much fat is in each meal but general rule is one 10;000 creon to 5g of fat eaten. I was told originally just to take them 3 times aday. It wasnt until I went to see dietician that I found outbthe proper way to take them. Dietician referral is a good idea. I have days when eating is just too painful so I drink ensure plus juices instead.They contain all the nutrients vitamins and minerals you need and contain300 calories too. On dietician advice I drink them on normal days as I to am struggling to put on weight.My problem is that I am vegetarian and recently diagnosed type 1 diabetic!!!!!!!So all the junk with the calories I need like Macdonalds burgers and milkshakes are out of the diet. Get as much help as you can. Oramorph is great I use it as a last resort before phoning ambulance ask your Gp for slow release morphine tablets.They take a few days to kick in but you dont get the spaced out rush like tramadol causes.I also take pregabalin but it doesnt work much for me. Hope this helps (I do like to waffle on) ha ha

Carole

• Posted

Thanks for advice about Creon and dietitian,really helpful.looking at diet and recipes any good cookbooks anyone would reccomend?
  • Posted

best book I use isnt a cookbook but a far,carbohydrate abd fibre counter book by Carol Bateman. It gives amounts per g of each in all types of food from fresh frout to ready meals.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.