Just curious - what are your cycles like, if you still get a period?

Posted , 18 users are following.

So, I used to be clockwork 28 day cycles. Then back in the spring, they became clockwork 21 days (yippee) and then over the summer, I had a couple 'longer' cycles (30-ish days). I didn't get a period at all in September, and then it came very late in October into November. Then bam - 21 days later, another period and this one just started after 23 days. I had barely any bleeding on Wednesday, yesterday was medium and I can already tell it's tapering off today. I know they can be all over the place in peri, but I had thought they'd be further apart and heavier, not closer together and lighter. Hmmmm....

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi tebrown, these are mine for the past year in a half...most recent first!

days

25...light tinge

28...light

57...heavier clots

26...light

21...light

21...light

26...light

23...light

43...heavier clots

25...light

20...light

57...heavier

July bled almost whole month...light, heavy, clots

June 2017...stopped birth control

• Posted

I used to be every 28-30 days. For the past two years, it has been every 21 days. My period lasts three days, which was always been the case, but it has become heavy with larger clots. TMI - I wear two pairs of underwear to prevent leaks and go to the bathroom once per hour to make sure I don't need to change tampon/pad. I haven't missed any periods yet, but last February I never got a true period, I just spotted everyday for 5 weeks straight.

• Posted

I'm 47 and in the past year my periods got closer together and heavier. Now it seems I alternate--one light spotting and one heavy bleed. I have low iron in my blood which I think is down to the heavier periods. I have been taking iron supplements and it is not going up much so doc wants me to do a colonoscopy to be sure I don't have occult bleeding in the GI tract. God I hope not!

• Posted

Jen,

I am in no way sounding the alarm. I just find it my duty to tell anyone who mentions chronic anemia with no obvious cause to get a colonoscopy, especially since your doctor recommended it. My mom was very anemic and went undiagnosed for some time. She ultimately had colon cancer. Again, this is HIGHLY unlikely in your case. I just would never want anyone to suffer when a simple tests could bring so much information.

• Posted

I have to take 4 iron pills a day to keep my iron levels up and in good shape (periods coming every 3 weeks or so for years). I take ferrous gluconate 324mg which is like 38 mg of elemental iron for a total of 152 mg of elemental iron a day. I tried all different types of iron and these work the best for me even though I'd love cleaner ingredients.

• Posted

Hi Im 48 and my periods have been this year

58 days

I never know when its going to arrive now, I used to be regular 28 days, I did used to have clots but they are much lighter now with just one day of heavy bleeding, hopefully they are coming to the end

• Edited

I guess you haven't had the one month long one yet! LOL!

I've experienced it just like you, all over the place. I've now skipped two months so have no idea if it's going to come back.

My sister had missed 9 months and then had a really bad flooding period, and she was at the zoo with her class, in white jeans no less! So you never know what's going to happen.

Then I have the friends who say, "oh, one day it just went away and never came back, and I never even had a hot flash". grrrrrrrrr

• Posted

OMGosh.... That's what I'm scared of-- is having a 'flood' out of nowhere. My friend was on her 5th month of no period and on a walk a flood came out of nowhere-- she was so upset and sat down and cried until her husband picked her up..

• Posted

Hi Suzanne i think i have spoke to you before when i had a 27 day period ! I have had 2 years of irregular periods and like you i have skipped 2 months , last period 13th October. I keep feeling like i am going to have a period but, nothing yet.

• Posted

I know, right? Sometimes I think I should be wearing a pad every day just in case.

• Posted

I feel like that too. I look bloated and I'll have cramps and think, yes, it's coming, but nothing!

• Posted

Hi Suzzane

I am 50 going on 51 in Feb. My periods have been regular (28 days) except for the last few months where they have been 2 to 5 days early or late, Then I missed a period in October (however did have 1 day of spotting on the 31/10/2018 put down to ovulation) and started my period on the 18/11 and have had continual bleeding (light 1 pad every 2 days) with a couple of heavier days (only requiring the 1 pad though). My period is still going which will be 4 weeks today. This is really freakin me out. I have been to the doctor and she is conducting a mirage of tests. I am due to have ultrasound tomorrow. Fingers crossed everything is normal. Have you been told that this is normal to have such a long period?

• Posted

Hi Flossy, actually, yes, it can be normal (if anything is normal?) in perimeno. I had the month long period, had a vag u/s and that's when the doctor saw that my uterus was thickened. She suggested I get a biopsy. I waited and used progesterone cream all summer and when I went back to get the repeat u/s my uterus was normal again. The progesterone stopped the spotting and/or long periods. I've had a couple of very short periods since summer, and now have skipped the last two. I stopped using the progesterone after that u/s, but if I start spotting again I will go back to using it. I'm really trying to get through this without being on hormones.

Maybe your u/s will show something different, like fibroids, which might be causing the bleeding. But it really sounds like you are just transitioning over. I don't think you should be worried. If you wanted to try the progesterone cream I used, private message me and I'll give you the name. I'll try posting it in a second message here.

Keep me updated on what happens.

• Posted

Dr. Lee's Progesterall natural progesterone cream.

• Posted

Progesterall natural progesterone cream.

• Posted

Hi Suzanne, thanks for getting back to me. I have had blood tests and ultrasound done. The doctors office messaged me to say my results are back and that the Doctor would like to see me. I phoned straight away in a panic, The earliest I can get in is Thursday, I asked several times if it was urgent for me to see the doctor and she reassured me that if it was urgent she would have phoned. She must of thought I was a crazy woman, but I just want to know. She must have told me about 3 times that it wasn't urgent. So I guess it is not serious. Fingers crossed. Thanks for listening.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.