Just diagnosed Acute diverticulitis with bleeding I

Posted , 6 users are following.

What two antibiotics have you all taking for Acute diverticulitis with bleeding I had a Ct scan today with dye and showed I had Acute diverticulitis with bleeding after been up all night in non stop pain and bloody mucos discharge also there was blood in the actual bowel too plus the bloody mucos discharge . I'm scared I hope someone answers soon Thanks

1 like, 72 replies

72 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have been trying to figure out when I first started getting diverticulitis. For many many years possibly 30 I had occasional stomach problems. I was told by docs who just listened to my symtoms that wrote it off to IBS. I do believe now that I possibly at the onset may have been developing the pockets in colon. I was too young for diverticulits so it was IBS. Possibly leaving it undiagnosed for years it continued to get worse.I think more research needs to be done. My son who is in his 20's recently mentioned his stomach hurt sometimes when he eats which is how mine started. I knew my stomach would feel good when empty. They need to start at that point and investigate.

• Posted

Very confused was diagnosed with UC in Oct 2016

2weeks ago saw blood in stool they up the maintenance med and added steroid didn't get better after 7 days so depleted went to ER did barium dye with CT scan said I had diverticulitis so weak missed two weeks of work now on antibiotics said I will need another colonoscopy in 8 weeks can you have both issues I have a very in caring bunch of GI doc was told to call and ask if I should stay on steroid and uc maintenance meds never called me back so sad they don't seem to care any info on this would be very helpf

• Posted

I have this flare up now a 4 weeks on antibiotics. Bleed. And dirrorah. Don't know what to eat.

• Posted

4 weeks straight on antibiotics? Which antibiotics are you taking and mgs?? 
    • Posted

Oops sorry. I've been on antibiotics for 1 week now. Thought the blood mucus had stopped but no ! I don't suffer constipation thou. Quite the reverse.

• Posted

Sorry to be so graphic....but with bloody mucus it's not a offensive smell but a distinct smell .

• Posted

Sorry to be so graphic....but with bloody mucus it's not a offensive smell but a distinct smell . Also is it normally to keep weeing.?

• Posted

Hi 

I’ve just had diverticuler disease diagnosed from a cti scan that I had for something entirely different.    I must admit, I’d never heard of it.    Now I’ve read up on it, it makes sense of sypmptoms I’ve had for years on and off.   I’ve always just put it down to IBS or period pain.   

Its got much worse worse lately so the diagnosis is is welcome if it gives me the chance to do something about it.    I’ve seen several people mention Aloe Vera juice, and Psyllium, so plan to buy some today.  I’ll also keep a food diary to try and work out what my triggers are.

My question is... If I’m having a flare up now (which I am) and getting horrible pain, particularly at night and first thing in the morning.   No diarrhoea or constipation, no bleeding or discharge, just massive pain and mild hysteria through lack of sleep because of the pain! ?? Should I start taking the psyllium now or wait for it to calm down?   

I think it’s ok to start the Aloe Vera juice straight away ...yes?

Any other advice or info welcome.  

Well all done to those that have it under control.  

Good luck to those that are still working at it.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.