Just diagnosed with a 3 cm kidney stone and need advice

Posted , 8 users are following.

I had a bad kidney infection and a x ray showed a large kidney stone i have had a ct scan and doctor says it fills most of my kidney and is roughly 3 cm maybe bigger they are talking about key hole surgery to remove it but i have to have a kidney function test im worried it has damaged my kidney i have alot of blood in my urine wondered if anyone had any advice or information on what i can expect and what the liklyhood of it is that it has caused dammage please

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Why could they not just do it in one surgery?

I have 27 mm stone.

They are hopefully going to get rid of this with one keyhole surgery.

Also not sure why I am only getting this post again now when I see I responded to you 10 months ago.

Do take care and keep in touch

Sarah

• Posted

Hi sarah you may have got my reply late due to me not being on here much, i had sepsis after each of my surgeries and also spent a week in ICU as well as working. i did ask the surgon why i have had to have so many and why it cant be done in one the problem was the size of the stone my first surgery took over 6 hours as it nearly filled my kidney i had issues with a doctor when i went back to in august i felt he was fobbin me off i made a complaint and went back a week later they have ordered a ct scan which i had before christmas got a letter this week with a appointment for next week as i was working i tried to rescedule it but was told there is a note on my file saying do not cancel urgent. So im now worrying im fed up of being in pain all the time as well as fragments left and a swollen kidney i also have a cyst on my other kidney feeling sorry for myself
  • Posted

How is everyone else getting on x
    • Posted

Hello. You ask how everyone is getting on.

Had kidney stones removed by keyhole surgery at beginning of December. Thought I was doing OK but painĀ  started coming back a bit so I went to GP on Friday. I have another UTI (urinary tract infection) GP examined me and thinks the kidney stones have come back!! He had better be wrong!!

I have a follow up appointment with consultant who removed the stones on 2nd March. I cannot go through all this again. Just hope it is just a UTI that will settle down with antibiotics.

Praying for you that all this will settle down.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah xxx

• Posted

Just read through your ordeal Samantha. I am familiar with Sarah's, and yours also sounds nightmarish. I must say, I feel like a wimp compared to you two ladies. My one obstructing stone was nothing in comparison. Iw ill be thinking of you both........

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.