Just did my 1st Humira Injections

Posted , 6 users are following.

So I just met with my nurse ambassador and did my first round of injections for my HS. Firstly, do your research before considering Humira. Let me start off by saying I have A LOT of tattoos. One of which is a HUGE piece covering 3/4 of my top left thigh. I have no fear of needles. However, it is a completely different feeling pushing the button to do it yourself. The needle did not hurt at all. The medication on the other hand... hurt like a b***h. This is going to take getting used to for sure. I had to do two today and two more tomorrow. Then I have to do another two on the 15th. After that, I have to inject myself once a week for the rest of my life. (Hopefully not) I am not thrilled about doing these shots. I did not expect it to hurt soooo bad. But I will keep doing them. Dealing with HS is way worse than an 10 second shot. I will try to keep updateing the improvements as I go.

Stay awesome <3

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Be very interested to see how this goes for you good luck 
    • Posted

I will make sure to post if I see any differences. No side effect(s) so far. Other than the tender spot on my leg 
  • Posted

Can I just ask what stage r you and how long do you have to do the injections for ??
    • Posted

I am in the beggining of stage 3. And according to my derm these disease never gets better it only gets worse over time. She said that I would likely have to take Humira the rest of my life. I hope not. Hopefully, more information will come about this disease. I did two yesterday. I have to do two more today and then on the 15th of August two more. After that it will be once a week.
    • Posted

I see , I can imagine it would get worse what with all the scaring and leaking channels , mines stage three in my groin and around my vagina so awful and painful , can't wait to see what the dermatologist says and see how your doing with this drug. 

I didnt know it was such a long term treatment , but anythings got to be better than this, have you noticed any difference yet , or dud they say how long it takes to start.

• Posted

I have the same problem areas including under my arms and inner thighs. I used to be very self conscious about it. I felt like I was a alien. None of my friends had this issue. From my knowledge no one in my family has dealt with this either. Humira is really a last resort. I went through all the creams and pills. Nothing worked. Birth control helped me a lot. I havnt gotten any new abcesses. But the ones that are there are a pain. I havnt noticed a difference yet. My nurse says it could take up to three months to really see a difference. The shot is really painful. I did the first two in my thighs. I am going to try my stomach tonight and see if that is less painful. This is pretty much my last hope. I will post if I see any improvements (: 
  • Posted

Hey again aleakay!

Glad to see you are doing your first Humira injections, the drug is really a miracle drug! The medicine does have some pain to it when it is getting pushed into your system but it only gets easier from here and less painful. After doing it for a year I can say that after the first month they only get easier. Hopefulyl they do! I also hope this amazing drug works for you as it has worked for me! 

• Posted

I hope so too! I am really looking forward to seeing results. I am going to try the stomach verses the leg today for my next two. Do you have and recommendations to make it less painful? Its not horrible but it deff. has a kick to it.
  • Posted

Hi just wondered how your feeling and if it's going well ? 

• Posted

Hey 

not heard from you in a while and wondered if you were ok and how it's going ?? 

• Posted

Thank you so much for asking! I have been swamped with work. So far so good. My nurse  ambassador is amazing. I figured out letting the pens sit out for half a hour before injection hurts significantly less! I do my next round tomorrow. I have not seen any huge changes yet but my derm says it could take up to 3 months. I havnt had any side effects so thats good. 
    • Posted

That's great there are no side effects yet. Hope it all works out for you.

• Posted

Thanks for reply got a little worried back there that you were ok , glad your doin well keep posting when you can pls smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.