Just did my 1st Humira Injections

Posted , 6 users are following.

So I just met with my nurse ambassador and did my first round of injections for my HS. Firstly, do your research before considering Humira. Let me start off by saying I have A LOT of tattoos. One of which is a HUGE piece covering 3/4 of my top left thigh. I have no fear of needles. However, it is a completely different feeling pushing the button to do it yourself. The needle did not hurt at all. The medication on the other hand... hurt like a b***h. This is going to take getting used to for sure. I had to do two today and two more tomorrow. Then I have to do another two on the 15th. After that, I have to inject myself once a week for the rest of my life. (Hopefully not) I am not thrilled about doing these shots. I did not expect it to hurt soooo bad. But I will keep doing them. Dealing with HS is way worse than an 10 second shot. I will try to keep updateing the improvements as I go.

Stay awesome <3

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Your welcome smile , I've got my appointment through for October, fingers crossed I get the treatment too 😁

• Posted

Let me know what they say! I am hopeful (:
  • Posted

Hey 

been a while since you posted hope your ok , how's the humira going ? 

• Posted

Yeah i would be intrested in knowing this aswell.

I have my brother under tratement,i think for stage 2 of the disease. He is getting zineryt for the cysts and as he cant get antibiotics at the moment till his liver parameters go on normal is getting twice a day a tea of turmeric , 250 ml water + 1 teaspoon of turmeric on each. Since 20 days getting medication.till now almost all cysts are closed,under his armit are almost desappearing (even the marks cs cysts got closed) . The medication of zineryt got given from his dermatologist,while the turmeric thing was sth i came across while checking on forums.

He has this illnes since 4 years,only the last one even in other body parts appart his face, and only now we could get its name bcs before it would get misunderstood as acne.

Anyway, i hope it gos away with time, even if now i saw that after medication turmeric can keep it under control. Till now he is getting deffinitely better. I will update later aswell.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.