Just finished 30 days of levofloxcin for chronic prostitus

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi I’m a 27 year old male and around 5 months ago after sex  that week I was feeling some symptoms I thought maybe std so I was given doxeycyclin a flagyl to clear it up but that didn’t seem to do anything took a long time for me to get insurance so I just let it go.. symptoms I felt were at times a burning in the penis head and kind of a weaker pee flow and also I started noticing slight pressure around anus and between that and my testicles and once in awhile it hurt to ejaculate it felt like a lot of semen was trying to get through a tight squeeze so I was told it’s chronic prostatitis once I finally seen a doc when I got insurance.. I finished 30 days of levofolxcin 2 days ago and I don’t really feel much different. Yesterday was the first day where it hurt to ejacualte again and I’m feeling pressure in anus and I feel my erections are weaker is there any hope for me to get back to normal soon? Is there a period of recovery after the antibiotics? 

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Oh and when finished peeing like when you squeeze your butt to stop the stream I feel like that’s harder to do like swollen or something and it doesn’t work as well I get urine drips I guess if that makes sense? 
    • Posted

Sent you a PM since this site censors lots of stuff. 

Its a DNA test and you can find more info searching on this site

• Posted

Did you took PSA test?
    • Posted

No I don’t know what that is. The doc diagnosed me just by me explaining what I was feeling 
    • Posted

PSA test is a way to confirm that what u have is a prostatis for sure. 
  • Posted

Only 5 % of prostatitis are bacterial so antibiotics won’t do anything for most cases . Did your doctor do a rectal exam . If your prostate is tender it’s very likely prostatitis, and your symptoms certainly fit. Carry on with the antibiotics ( they need to be taken for 6-8 weeks ) . Have a google for chronic prostatitis or chronic pelvic pain syndrome ) hope that helps. 

• Posted

My PSA test result is 0.5, which is very low. In that case, how my doctor can say i have chronic prostatis 😭 IN that case, is it apt to say that I have chronic pelvic pain rather than prostatis?

• Posted

No I didn’t get a rectal exam he based his diagnosis on my symptoms how do I check if my prostate is tender? I don’t go through my day with much pain or anything really it’s just slight pressure feeling in my taint 
  • Posted

Hoonstarr: I received oral sex (no condom) and picked up something called a 'mycoplasma' and 'ureaplasma' about 4 months ago. These are two STDs that are not commonly tested for - I had never even heard of them until this ordeal started.

You need to get a PCR urine screen to see what bug you've picked up. From there find a good STD doctor who knows what he is talking about. I am on my 5th Urologist (this one specializes in STDs). You can read my thread about antibiotic resistance which can occur due to doctors not assigning the right antibiotics for the correct length of time. Sounds to me like you have an STD that has travelled through to your prostate where it is hiding out and getting stronger. This is what has happened to me. I think I am finally on the right antibiotics for right duration. Good luck. It's a tough battle and you need to educate yourself...and quickly. 

• Posted

Hi AC10965,

Is there any specific test to find mycoplasma  and ureaplasma or just a PCR urine test can find this cruel pathogens?

• Posted

You need to find a doctor who specializes in STDs. That's the most important part. If you ask them about mycoplasma and ureaplasma and they say 'huh?' keep looking. You cannot believe how many doctors have no idea about these STDs. 

What is even crazier is that the doctor's ignorance is making them Antibiotic Resistant! 

• Posted

Agreed. Between if I go and took PCR urine test willnit detect mycloplasma or any specific PCR urine test is there?
  • Posted

I am a 73 old male and have had the same problem. It takes time to heal. Cum at least twice a week to keep the prostatitas under control. At least that is what my doctor told me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.