Just found out I have buldging from L2-S2

Posted , 6 users are following.

Started out as pretty extreme pain, going to my hip and but, then down my leg. I ignored it for as long as I could. Then I finally went and got an MRI done. They had given me some gabapentin, which I've taken before for buldging discs in my neck. Then also gave me some codeine. Gab helps some, but the codeine didn't do a bit of good.

Anyway, got the results back and they say buldging in L2-L3, L3-L4, L4-L5, L5-S1.

The pain in my butt and leg gets horrible as the day goes on. Working is terrible and when I finally get home, laying down or sitting kills me. Leg goes numb and start getting pins n needles.

At times it feels like someone is stabbing me with a hot knife.

I've even had where it felt like I just had freezing cold water on mu thigh, so cold that it stung real bad. Weirdest thing ever.

They told me I'm getting a referral to pain management, but they personally wouldn't prescribe me pain meds.

Even though they gave me meds before we knew what was wrong.

My question is, has anyone had these feelings and why wouldn't they be okay with giving me something for pain.

I'm not a junkie. I work hard for my family and have to hide my pain, till it brings me to my knees when my kids wants to jump and hang on me.

My back likes to lock up. Almost to where i cant move my leg.

Do they just think I shouldn't be in this much pain?

Is it all in my head?

I'm currently feeling it push through the pain pill and can tell it's going to be a ruff night of sleep.

Maybe its because I'm 26 years old, and that aautomatically makes me full of s**t. Im, " too young to have these issues"

Blehh, guess I'll just suffer 😂

If anyone has any advice for me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I'm always interested in others stories.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

you know what even talk about the pain i can still feel the pain it hurts just want to get my lower part my back sorted and knowing you guys going through helps in way so easy my mind .thanks to the people who are listening i have problem my back burning.

• Posted

Good morning to you all have been to a back to back clinic she say cut down on exercise because which making the back inflamed .been to the doctor today and he said Arthrits in the spine and in facet joints and also have sciactica but he says thinks it to do with nerve in the back also have bruised rib too so he say wait until you the rhuemtogist and see what he says don't know what do i am just so tired of all now so much pain.and so tired not sleeping but he give nothing.

• Posted

Hi Sarah,

At least you’re getting some answers to know what it is.  I would go back to your GP in the meantime and say you’re struggling to manage as you’re unable to sleep.  I am lucky in that the only time I find real relief, at the moment anyway, is when I lie down.  I do have to sleep with two pillows under my knees to help keep pressure off lower back and I also use a rolled up towel at top of back are on mattress as otherwise I find it uncomfortable.  The Doctor could give you lots of things that would help you sleep in the meantime until you see the rheumatologist as without sleep you’re ability to deal with the pain lessens.   I find if I’m particularly sore and I take codeine at night it has the added side effect of making me sleepy.  Good luck and I really hope you get things sorted soon.   Try and stay positive, I know it’s really hard - lis 

• Posted

your pain exactly same as mine and no not in your head  even know they said i arthrits in my facet and osterporaris  .
  • Posted

Some doctors just dont seem to care. Mine said about trying not yo dwell on the pain! Really!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.