Just had 2nd Ablation, 5 weeks ago, who has had af since

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi, I had a second Ablation 5 weeks ago, and have had two af attacks since.  I am also left with a misbeating heart mostly in the morning, fluttery,   I am curious to know how many people are fine after ablation and never get an attack of af and how many really do take weeks before they are ok  I understand I am still in the process of waiting for the heart to fully scar but feeling a low and worried I might need a third procedure. Could do with some optimistic feedback!

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had an ablation 9 months ago. It took 6-8 weeks for my heart to return to sinus rhythm.  Since, I've been  in normal rhythm, (w/a few palpitations at night).

Two days ago I felt very weak and dizzy for an entire day. Also my BP was high and the palpitations were regular. I skipped my w/out that day. I w/out 6 days a week and have felt fine until now. I'm afraid the afib is returning and don't want another ablation!! 

You said this was your 2nd ablation.... How long did the first one last? 

• Posted

Hi Barbara

after the first one I had quite a few episodes in the 11 months between first and second Ablation. I had only 8 weeks between attacks on two occasions the rest of the times were variables of several weeks to several days.  Overall I had more attacks post Ablation and towards the last few months the attacks lasted 24 hours.

the second Ablation was to fine tune the veins that needed more work. I had the impression the doctors were very optimistic but quite honestly I am even worse for frequency and am also having daily jumps misleads runs etc

the procedure has so far not been good but once started down the route I would consider with trepidation a third but if offered I hope third time lucky!

all the best

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.