Just had Botox for my fissure

Posted , 28 users are following.

Has anyone had Botox injections for anal fissures? Just had procedure today. When should I start feeling relief? I'm in PAIN and am so tired of it! Been dealing with this for almost a year. Help!

0 likes, 114 replies

114 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

hello glad to hear your feeling better 😃.

How long ago did you get your botox injections?

• Posted

Hi there,

How was tour experience with the botox? I had my polyp removal plus botox injections, no pain at all at the moment but what can I expect tomorrow and first BM?

Any help please?

Many thanks,

SUZANA

• Posted

I had BOTOX done three days ago under general anesthesia and stayed in hospital over night. The pain is a little more intense now than it used to be but hopefully it will improve over the next few days. I am also using diltiazem cream, stool softener, lidocane ointment and amitriptyline for two weeks.

• Posted

Hi,

Today I had a polyp excision also botox injections for anal fissure. I woke up from GA and don't have any pain, I am full of beans, energetic and no pain at all. What to expect for the first bowel motion? How does it work with the botox injection. I am going to be in pain? after the anesthetic goes off. I was terrified before the surgery but now I am terrified for my first BM.

Any advice will help!

Many thanks,

Suzana

• Posted

I was the same, dreading the first BM. It was actually ok and no significant pain. However, i had something called perianal hematoma developed as a result of the botox injection and it was so painful for about three weeks. I am just back to work this week and still in a bit of pain after BM but definitely much better. Hope your recovery goes well

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. Did you have any bloating after the procedure. MY stomach is bloated at the moment. I took lactose syrup, sena tablets, ibuprofen and paracetamol at the moment as the doctor prescribed. I am a smoker too so had 2 cigarettes now as I feel that i haven't had anything... it's so weird. Feels no pain but took the meds just in case. I am terrifed for the BM now.... did you have any bleeding with your first?

Thanks a lot xxx

• Posted

Hi Ivory,

Did you have any small bump, red one outside the anus with this procedure? I just saw one in the mirror. Is it normal? had my BM without problem but in therm of keeping the area clean, inside how did you keep it clean? or it's only outside to be clean and the inside just like this? without cleaning? I am afraid for the infection so that's why I am asking.

Many thanks,

Suzana

• Posted

Hi Karynn,

I feel great now! Normal life is blissful. I had my follow up and all good. I guess every person is different so from my experience it was easy and successful.

I think you should go to your doctor and ask him why do you have this symptoms.

All the best,

Suzana

• Posted

Thank you for responding 😃...Glad your feeling better..Hopefully I will be feeling that way soon. How long was it before you started feeling better?

• Posted

To be honest I didn't feel pain at all. The most horrible pain was before my surgery. I had a prolapsed polip which was bleeding plus the anal fissure, the surgeon removed the polip and had botox injections, the procedure was under GA in a private hospital as I had a bad experience with the NHS, they said i have piles and being treated for piles when i decided to go private for a consultation after 8 years of suffering and using all sorts of piles treatments and my situation got from bad to worse, then after consulting the most amazing doctor (He's a GOD 😃))... in my opinion) i had the surgery on the 6th of november, after the surgery i didn't feel any pain at all... and this has been from then on, they gave me ibuprofen and paracetamol but I didn't use it and laxatives and I am back to normal life now.

I am so sorry you are suffering, hopefully you'll feel better soon!

All the best,

Suzana

• Posted

yaaaaay you give me hope. I will keep you updated on my progress 😃

• Posted

Hi Suzana,

I also have noticed a red bump after botox/polyp removal. Were you able to treat this or did it go away on its own? Glad to hear you've recovered well!

• Posted

Hi Cara,

After the surgery I had a red bump, it's very small, like a skin tag, it feels and look like a tiny mole. I asked the doctor and he said that is normal. It doesn't bother me and it's not painful at all.

All the best,

Suzana

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.