Just had Botox for my fissure

Posted , 28 users are following.

Has anyone had Botox injections for anal fissures? Just had procedure today. When should I start feeling relief? I'm in PAIN and am so tired of it! Been dealing with this for almost a year. Help!

0 likes, 114 replies

114 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

HELLO

I am 3 days post of botox. is it normal to feel pressure and pain still? I have been in pain for 6 months. My doctor did s full exam and said my fissure was healed but I Keep getting spasms because my muscle is too tight... THIS FEELING IS HORRIBLE

• Posted

hello

sorry to hear you're still suffering

I had botox last December for a chronic fissure and had what the CRS called an adverse reaction to it

I had considerably more pain afterwards was incontinent and felt generally unwell .

I think the botox poisoned me but I was unlucky and am not suggesting for one minute that you will have the same

problems I did

I had ano rectal physiology tests just last Friday and was amazed to be told that the internal sphincter is still in spasm a year later even though the fissure has now healed ( it took about 8 months )

I guess what I'm saying is we are all different and not text book studies so maybe you need.to talk again to your doctor

hope things ease for you soon

• Posted

i had pain from my fissure for four years and took ibuprofen after every BM to ease the sharp pain. I had Botox injections twice. They may have eased it a little but still the pain was there.

I decided to devise my own approach.

1 Laxido every evening after meal to keep stools soft

2 Insert cream in rectum with finger before any BM

3. Continue Ibuprofen if any pain.

This has worked!! I now get little or no pain. BM and after is normal. There is no sensitivity to finger in rectum.

Just in case it returns I am continuing with 1. and 2.

Hope this might help someone.

• Posted

Hello Jennifer

keeping my fingers crossed. Im at day 3...praying this works I Just want my normal life back

• Posted

hi JENNIFER

I KNW ITS BEEN A WHILE, but the botox posioned me also. been sick since injection it went into my central nervous system. trying to heal a spasm spiraled into 16 different side effects horrible. EVERYONE before getting botox should read the black box label on all the scary side effects. wanted to know did you get better?

best wishes

• Posted

Hi,

Can I ask what cream you use for step 2 please?

I have had Botox, it healed and came back again really easily even though I do step 1 every evening and eat a really healthy diet 😦

• Posted

Sarah

if you look back it want me who was listing the points it was someone called Roger

sorry I can't help you

jennifer

• Posted

hi Karryn

sorry for late response only just seen your message

I went on to develop a perianal abscess followed by a fistula and now have a seton in place

hope your recovery is better than mine 😕

• Posted

Hi Sarah, i had botox twice and it just didnt work for me. It was ok for a few weeks but fissure never healed properly. Four weeks ago i finally had lateral sphyncteroctomy and the day after the surgery i had no fissure pain. I am still healing but it is mostly the wound. If the fissure is bothering you, consider the surgery but find someone with experience as if not done properly then there are some small risks of leakage or incontinence.

• Posted

Hi, I had surgery of lay opening of fistula and botox a week ago.

Painkillers aren't stopping the stabbing pains, bm are painful. I called the hospital and they said pain was expected.

I am really struggling to understand how this will ever heal. I can't really walk or sit. I thought I'd be on the road to recovery now.

What are people's thoughts?

I have a horrible feeling this is only the start. I am only in my thirties and can't live like this anymore xxx anyone had a similar experiences of such discomfort and stabbing pains?

• Posted

I had lay open fistula and botox at the same time. the pain was horrendous for about 3 weeks but it took about 12 weeks before i felt good again. unfortunately the botox didn't help to heal the fissure and i had sphyncteroctomy done a few weeks ago. now no more fissure pain.

• Posted

Thank you for replying, I have a feeling I'll need to do the same as you. I truly hope you're feeling better now xx

• Posted

no probs. I had botox done twice and it jist did not work. Maybe it will work for you but if not, just go for the sphyncteroctomy. I was without pain within a couple of days. Only mild pain from the cut.

• Posted

I really appreciate the reply. Thank you so much for taking the time. Weirdly, you have given me reassurance (if that makes sense!) as I know there are other options x x

• Posted

Poppy how are you now?

I had botox 2.5 weeks ago for a horrible fissure I have had for a year.

It hasn't worked yet and I'm off work with the pain. I can't do anything. Like you said in your post, I'm struggling to believe anything will work and can't imagine it ever healing.

Have you had any success?

• Posted

Hi, I had botox in Jan 2019 and I'd say it probably took about 6 months in total for the fissure to heal completely (I had a chronic fissure) I had a few set backs if I had a hard stool but I now take 1 x Dulcolax every night before bed and have the piece of mind that I will have a soft stool in the morning, I also wrap my finger in cling film and insert coconut oil just before I go which seems to help everything slide out nicely! Hope this helps

• Posted

Thanks for that Sarah. It's such a relief to hear from someone who has healed by botox. Can I ask were you 'out of action' for any time after the procedure? I am still confined to the sofa or a very short, slow walk. How soon did you return to your usual activities /work?

Did you find that driving affected you? I found it agony the other day and won't be doing it again any time soon!

How did you know that it had finally healed?

Sorry for all the questions!

• Posted

Hi xxx

Yeah I'm not good.

I'm basically unable to sit. I'm in loads of pain from the morning til 12ish, manageable with pain killers. Working with a, reduced timetable as I can't really do my job properly.

Had botox and skin tag removal in October.

Having second botox in 2 and half weeks time.

If it doesn't work, I dunno what I'll do.

I'm unable to book events, trips, exercise and put on loads of weight.

After lunch time, it does ease. But I still sit or drive or anything normal. It's ruining my life xxx

• Posted

Glad to know you've healed.

Mine is chronic but obviously the botox didn't work.

Are you back to compete normal now?

Like able to walk properly and live a normal life?

Also does anyone else have chronic pain in their coccyx? Xx

• Posted

Hi,

Yes all back to normal and I'm a rower so lots of sitting on my butt!

I had it done twice, the first did work but unfortunately healed around an fistula so I had to have it all opened up again dohh...

It definitely got worse before it got better and it did take a while all in all to heal but just try to keep on top of the pain killers and keep your stools soft.

😃

• Posted

Yes I had to take it easy and sit on one cheek at work (I only had a week off) walking gradually got easier and so did driving, its just a matter of time to allow everything to heal, it's not the easiest place to allow a wound the heal quickly.

I'm a rower and remember the first time I tried to sit on an erg (Indoor rower) I literally nearly hit the ceiling lol, I now row for hours and run and walk miles but will still take precautions like taking the Dulcolax!!

• Posted

Morning, hope You're okay? I just wondered If I could ask a question. I've heard that it causes incontinence and they don't like to do it to women coz of the side effects? Have u had any problems? How r u doing? I'm thinking it's looking like I'm going to have to have it xxx

• Posted

Thanks Sarah, I'm so pleased for you and so inspired that I too will heal. Xx

• Posted

i had the surgery (lateral sphyncetorctomy) about 5 months ago. It is the best thing i have had done. I had botox twice and that didnt work so this was my only option. Your surgeon must have experience doing these surgeries as there is a risk of incontinence if not done properly. I had a briliant private surgeon in Glasgow. Before you consider such surgery ask for anorectal manometry which measures your resting pressure and will confirm whether the surgery will be successful or not

• Posted

I have been told lIs is risky and there is no going back once it's done. however most people on these forums say it's been brilliant for them

can anyone answer this question for me .

I had botox for what surgeon said was chronic fissure 2nd week of December 2019 .

before botox I experienced severe burning and it was horrendous. I could not even sit on the floor it was that bad

anyways botox has made a difference and now 7 weeks on whilst the burning isnt thag bad I still feel weird in that area

my question is I dont bleed during my number 2 and when I open my bowels I am.not in any pain . its during the day I get random episodes of weirdness there

is this still a fissure and how do I know the cut has healed ?

I'm in England and I think surgeons here are very reluctant to do LIs surgery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.