Just had Botox for my fissure

Posted , 28 users are following.

Has anyone had Botox injections for anal fissures? Just had procedure today. When should I start feeling relief? I'm in PAIN and am so tired of it! Been dealing with this for almost a year. Help!

0 likes, 114 replies

114 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I have a silly question to ask . as you are aware I did have my botox 5 days ago .

today however I was experiencing a hard bowel movement . I had to push slightly and it did come out .

my question is this . when you poop surely you have to do some pushing ? if we expect to sit on the toilet and poo just drops out then that means there us an issue with anal muscles ?

I guess I'm.asking does everyone push a little. dont get me wrong I know what straining is as this is what caused my initial fissure . so I did not strain today but did push slightly ..wanted to know if the pushing is normal

sorry for the word question

• Posted

Happy to report after Botox over a year ago still no pain and no issues. I never thought I was going to get better

• Posted

That's how I've been feeling at the moment. I had botox 3 weeks ago. Still sore. Pain on bms. And a bit afterwards. I'm off work still as when I do things it's very sore. Fine while resting

It's great to hear that you were cured, makes me very hopeful of recovering.

• Posted

hi there great to see that you have healed. can you kindly provide some more information in relation to how long you had the Fisher and whether it was acute or chronic?

• Posted

How long since you had botox? How are you getting on?

• Posted

Is it your first botox? Fingers crosssed it's worked for you. Anyone have awful coccyx pain like me? (as well as actual bum hole) xx

• Posted

Yrs first time. It was horrendous pain for 2 days afterwards. I'm hoping it heals by resting and keeping stools soft as I don't want to have to have it again, or operation.

• Posted

I had a chronic fissure since January 26th, 2018. I have hemorrhoids since 2002, after my 2nd son. All of 2018 I was in horrible pain. So much pain that I literally wanted to die. Commuting to work was excrutiating. I had the Botox done December 26th 2018. I remembering being scared to remove bandage and having my first bowel movement. It wasn't that bad. One month later I had a bad stomach ache and had a bad belly and thought the Botox didn't work. After that little bump in the road I am doing much better. I still have hemmoroids but I have zero pain now. I am a new person and finally enjoying each day without pain.

• Posted

I'm so pleased for you. Glad it's possible to heal from this. It helps me to stay positive hearing your story.

Mine is almost identical. Except hemeroids started 2003 and fissure started January 2019! I had botox Jan 2020. Here's to healing!!

• Posted

please can someone help I think I must have a low pain Threshold as paracetemols plus 50mg ibruphropen just dont stop the pain. I am using Diltazem cream atm which causes pain ontop of the fissure pain, cant sleep and tearing my hair out. No one understands my pain, the gp is no help, suggested codine! which causes constipation, can you imagine! Any ideas to ease the pain?

• Posted

Hi when did you have your botox?

I was doing para and ibu together as you said can take them together.

I've also got a heat pack I put in the microwave.

The whole situation is horrendous and you're right,no seems to listen or care.

If the pain is worse when you poop, you can get that gel that helps for pain levels?

Sending love x

I had botox in October.

Still bad and have another op for botox scheduled for 18th Feb xxx

I can't see any light at the moment

• Posted

try x2 paracetamol and x1 diclofenac - that used to help me. Also use Rectogesic which works by relaxing the internal sphincter. I had two botox injections but they didnt work for me and were a waste of time. Ask your surgeon about lateral sphyncteroctomy. Sine i had it done, no more burning pain after BM.

• Posted

Hi Poppy and thank you After an excrutiating night last night my partner took me to A & E this morning concerned with the pain i was going through they were great advised me to take codine, and paracetemol and gave me lactucrose and fibrogel which will h hopefully balance out the codine. Very sleepy all day but pain free!! such a relief not been to the loo as yet, a bit worried but fingers crossed will be softened with the meds

• Posted

God it's horrific. So glad u have relief and good idea going a and e. Yes I take two laxido sachets around dinner time, they're like fibre gel and a sip of lactulose before bed xx drink loads of water too and lots of green veg xxx

Hoping u have a better day, sorry should have said about the softening of poo to balance out medication.

Try to not stress about the poo, try to relax. Then a salt bath to soothe. I don't have a bath so have to block up my shower tray! Gotta laugh or I'll just keep crying xxx

• Posted

poppy rather than use shower tray you should buy website bath seat which you simply put on top of your toilet . you end using less water and it's easier. also when applying creams to the area I gently try and stick my finger inside which is something I never did before. get some cling film wrap it around the finger to be more hygienic

• Posted

You must get lidocaine gel from your gp.

I suffered for a year before getting this. The cream is OK, but the gel is far better. The only pain relief that actually works.

Had botox and the pain after was unreal. They prescribed morphine which didn't even touch it.

Get lidocaine.

Also like previous advice, keep stools soft. Lactulose and dulcoease. Water. Fruit and veg.

Avoid white bread, pizza etc.

Hope you can find some relief. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.