Just had massive panic attack in Iceland!

Posted , 6 users are following.

We had gone to buy party food for our daughters first birthday Thursday and as we were walking around I felt hungry then a few min ties later started feeling shaky and then when we got to the till my heart was racing I felt dizzy I just wanted to get out! I managed to get some food but know I feel really tired sad does anyone else start to feel hungry then 5 mins later feel I'm urgent need of food or you'll die? It comes on so fast with me I don't understand it and it's frightened the life out of me I thought I would have a heart attack!

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes I get this and bad hungar its blood sugar dropped duye to the panic using all your supplies like adrenalin overload. See GP for info.

• Posted

Hi it does sound like a drop in blood sugar I have diabetes and when I have low blood sugar I feel so hungry I grt dizzy and shaky. My friend who is not diabetic also has episodes like this every so often. I always carry Lucozade or dextrose energy tablets you can get then in tesco or chemists and they kick in within minutes and would get rid of the symptoms until you get proper food x
    • Posted

I thought Might have been diabetic but the test said I wasn't, it's awful it all happens with 5 minutes if I don't get food fast I feel awful! Now I'm getting awful pains in my chest and stomach I feel like I'll have an heart attack any minute! Clock watching till 5pm when I'm at the doctors AGAIN 😞
    • Posted

Aww I feel for you I had a bad day yesterday and this morning but bit better now. Try and stay positive and keep occupied Hope doctor has some answers for you xx
    • Posted

Low blood sugar is only related to diabetes if you have type 1 and are taking insulin for it. So the fact that you don't have diabetes is neither here nor there. There are other, completely different, conditions that can cause low blood sugar, stress being one of them, as another poster has pointed out.

It might be worth asking your doctor about this.

• Posted

Yes I clock watch too till my hubbi bac at 6, don't worry GP will reassure. Let us knoiw what happens wat a nuisance. I have echocardiogram Wed morn which worrying hec out if me so more stresses. Keep focused to distract and all will be well.
    • Posted

My partner is back at work tomorrow I don't no how I will cope I'll find it so hard he been home for nearly 2 weeks, Infact he's going to talk to the manager at 4 about times and stuff, o need to get this nailed now I can't go on like this my quality of life is rubbish!
    • Posted

I feel your pain my husband went back to work today after being off with me for a week I was so nervous this morning wen got up had to get my son ready for school and have been clock watching since. I have managed okay just trying to keep myself busy with my wee one and doing stuff in house it's hard but ul get there just need to build confidence back up again
    • Posted

Hope you are doing okay today remember keep your chin up stay positive we can beat this for our wee ones x
    • Posted

I'm ok thanks!! Was told straight there is nothing wrong with my heart what so ever they say abnormal even when there normal and 3 doctors have looked and said its perfectly fine! Been out on a beta blocker for the physical symptoms! Had CBT this morning got a lot out and realised something's are adding to it all I didn't even realise! Hope your ok it's my little one that's keeping me going! Xx
  • Posted

Hypoglycemic attack that triggered a panic attack or really mimicked it. 
  • Posted

I have.  I get hypoglycemic, and this makes me anxious.  I make sure to keep granola bars with in reach in case I am not able to get a meal right away.
  • Posted

Hi all I see we are all doing OK and at least managing a bit or we wouldn't be on here ! Important to eat proper regular meals better little and often to keep us from feeling off balance ,keep a diary will help us and let's see how we do in a xweek time.
  • Posted

Oh, i feel similar but not every time..its leak of sugar...i become anxous when I am hungry...keep some snacks always with u

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.