Just had my ESA f2f

Posted , 8 users are following.

i was really scared been worried about it for weeks. The doctor I saw was really nice and put me at ease. She understood my problems and knew what my medication was used for. I suffer badly with neuropathic pain and spend the majority of my time in a wheelchair. I talked about the medication I would like to try and which ones I had tried but didn't work. She examined me briefly telling me not to do anything that would be painful. I didn't feel what she asked were trick questions. I was in and out within 20 minutes. My husband and I both thought it went well  just hope I haven't been lulled into a false sense of security. I will post the outcome. 

0 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hopefully the HCP will be true to her word and remain truthful in the report. You can ring DWP next week to ask for a copy to be sent to you. This will gve you some idea what the decision will be. In the report she will recommend what she thinks. If you don't understand what she's written then please do post back and i'll translate it into English for you wink Good luck.

• Posted

I got the impression she was a dr as she definitely knew her stuff. I spoke about the medication  I would like to try and she knew in detail what they were. I have had a PIP f2f and I felt she was different, I just hope she tells the truth. Are there many cases where they aren't truthful also do you think it would be a HCP and not a doctor. What's your thoughts on me just being in there for 20 minutes. I back worrying now. 

• Posted

The assessment providers are called HCP regardless of whether they're a DR, nurse, physiotherapist, they're known as HCP's (health care professionals) My thoughts on the time you were there aren't anything. It just means you were in there for 20 minutes. No one can guess anything at this point in time. I know it''s stressful and the waiting is always the worst. The assessment report will tell you what the decision is likely to be.

• Posted

I went to esa f2f nice as pie no rush said my blood was a bit high told the truth how I struggled to get dressed And needed help in shower seemed very helpful 2 weeks after meeting got a phone call as from today your esa has stopped your fit for work so sorry don't build your hopes up still fighting it last appeal now it's knocked me for 6

• Posted

Blimey. I hope I haven't been a idiot thinking I would be OK. 

• Posted

I hope you don't mind d me asking ginger did you have to apply for universal credits

• Posted

Yes but did not get it 2 much savings that's why they put me on esa was on that for 3 week they stopped that saying I was fit for work that was Oct and still fighting it now had a bad stroke end off June was in hospital 7 weeks no movement in left arm and a little bit in left leg only trouble is your tired all the time they then put me on jobseekers

• Posted

Thank you ginger 26for your reply. I am on sick from work still recovering from knee replacement. Got call sat afternoon saying esa stopped as scored 0points told to claim universal credit.
    • Posted

That's as bad as other what gets me mad you have paid for 40 yrs into the system and can't get any thing back

• Posted

I agree. But I believe they are doing this because if a person loses their esa they get no money when seeking a manitory decision. So they have to claim universal credit. And even if they win their appeal you can't go back on to esa. And it seems some people are worse off on universal credits.

• Posted

Only time they get some money is when going through an appeal.
    • Posted

I am waiting for a date for esa tribunal last one this is going in person to put my point over instead off deep lying
    • Posted

HI Dark,

If you were claiming Contribution based ESA then you can't claim Universal credit. You can only claim UC if you're claiming an Income Related benefit.

If it was Contritbution based ESA you were claiming the you should claim new style JSA. Claim this while you're waiting for the MR decision. Most likely the MR decision will remain the same, as only 20% of them change atthis stage. During your time on New stayle JSA you can give a fit/sick note got up to 13 weeks. If you take this route then DON'T hand that fit note until at your first JSA appointment, wait until your 2nd appointment before handing it in.

If you have to take the Tribunal route, once the Tribunal have accepted your appeal you can go back onto ESA. For this you'll need a reference number from the Tribunal and this will come in the pack they send you.

Sorry i didn't answer before but if you had started your own post off rather than adding on the end of someone elses then i would have seen it. Posts and questions are easily missed this way.

• Posted

If you have CAB or a disability advice centre near you then i would advice you to contact them for help. You have 1 month from the date of the decision to ask for the MR. If you haven't already asked for the assessment report then first thing tomorrow morning ring DWP and ask them to send you a copy. This is will bevery useful.

When writing your MR letter you need to first look at the descriptors for ESA WRAG, to which you need to score at 15 points for this group. Then look at ESA support group, for this you need to satisfy at least one of those descriptors NOT score points. Either this or WRAG reg 29 and Support Group reg 35. Both of these can be found by using google. Links can't be posted here. Once you've look at the descriptors for both, then decide which onces apply to you. From this you will then be able to base your MR letter on. You have to know which group you're going for and why BEFORE asking for the MR/Tribunal. All of this can take several months. Good luck.

• Posted

I went to cab for my esa appeal best thing I did helped me a gr8 deal
    • Posted

Yes CAB are great but they're also extremely busy and it can be very hard to get an appointment with them. Luckily you did. They will take the strain off you, for sure. Good luck with your Tribunal.

• Posted

I rang job centre. But was advised because I'm in a full uc area. I must claim universal credit.

• Posted

They are wrong. If you were claiming Contribution based ESA then you CAN'T claim UC. UC replaces 6 means tested benefits and Contribution Based benefit aren't means tested.

I really do wish the job centre would give the correct info out! If you try claiming UC then you won't be able to. It's NEW style ESAthat you need to claim.

• Posted

Denise I want to thank you for your help I shall ring in the morning. I do apologise for posting where I did as I'm new to this

• Posted

You're very welcome dark, always my pleasure. Don't worry about that, i'm just glad i was able to help you. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.