Just had my ESA f2f

Posted , 8 users are following.

i was really scared been worried about it for weeks. The doctor I saw was really nice and put me at ease. She understood my problems and knew what my medication was used for. I suffer badly with neuropathic pain and spend the majority of my time in a wheelchair. I talked about the medication I would like to try and which ones I had tried but didn't work. She examined me briefly telling me not to do anything that would be painful. I didn't feel what she asked were trick questions. I was in and out within 20 minutes. My husband and I both thought it went well  just hope I haven't been lulled into a false sense of security. I will post the outcome. 

0 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yours might be totally different just saying what went on with me have had to have a nother f2f for universal credit dont know why
    • Posted

Good luck. Why another f2f I thought universal credit was a umbrella for all benefits. 
  • Posted

Dont know i have had to go on job seekers because they stopped my esa even tho my doctor keeps giving me sick notes and says i am no were near ready for work its all a bloody nightmare fighting for what your entitled 2 never been on sick or had a day off work in 40 yrs stupid why we have to fight for our rights
    • Posted

Unfortunately, when it comes to ESA what a GP thinks and the DWP are 2 totally different things. A DWP can over rule what a GP think on a person fitness to work. Remember ESA isn't about the work you CAN'T do, it's about the work you CAN do.. During an assessment you're assessed on the work you CAN do and this can be a sit down office job, anything.

• Posted

Hi Bridget,I hope you get the right decision. I had my F2F 2 years ago and score 0 points, also failed MR, I took it to a tribunal and won.
    • Posted

That's what I am on with now twiglet just waiting for a date for tribunal

• Posted

2 years ago i had to go to a tribunal for PIP and won, I had to re-apply and had my F2F on 08th November 2017, I have a copy of the assessment report, still waiting on a decision.
    • Posted

Hi,

You never replied to my question yesterday about your PIP assessment report. Did you add up those points? What did you score?

• Posted

Yes its PIP assessment report, DAILY LIVING COMPONENT, Total points: 4, MOBILITY COMPONENT, Total Point: 0,
    • Posted

Oh no! So, if the DM goes with that then i'm afraid there won't be an award. Makes me wonder why the decision is taking so long. I'd ring them again and ask what the delay is. As it's likely to be a refusal i'm surprised it's taking so long. Unless they're going to ggo againt that report and award you.

Either way, i would start to gather more evidence to start your MR process when the decision is made. If you need advice please let me know.

• Posted

Hi Denise, I have had my PIP decision turned down as they went with the PIP assessment report, I will be asking for a MR on Monday,
    • Posted

Hi Denise/ Ginger, I rang DWP about my MR appeal decision today and i happy to say that I have been awarded standard daily, but I did not get Standard mobility. I have been backed dated from September 24th 2017 and been awarded until 2021,

I'm now waiting for the letter through the post. Do I stick or twist?

• Posted

I wish you well, I had a tumour removed from top of spine, and have neuropathic pain. It gets me down honey as I have other problems too, with swallowing. Please let me know how you do. Sounds like you have A understanding dr there
    • Posted

I find it difficult to explain what neuropathic pain feels like I presume you have it 24/7 as I do.  I will post the decision on here so everyone can read it. In the meantime I'm going to do what Denise suggested and call and ask for a copy of the report the HCP put in. 

• Posted

Pleased to say I got contribution based support group. What a relief. It's funny I received a copy of the HCP report the same day I got my official award all within 2 weeks. The HCP stated that in her opinion my condition will not improve Will I still have to have further assessments. 

• Posted

My mom was awarded the income related support group , I know how you were feeling it's awful waiting to hear. You may have to go for more assessment my mom has only been awarded the support group until Jan next year and then she has to fill in the forms again and then might have to go for another assessment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.