just had my total ankle replacement

Posted , 7 users are following.

I finally did it!  Been 6 years from the car accident and the pain just kept getting worse.  Dec 6th was my surgery.  So its now exactly 2 weeks post op.  I'm handling the pain pretty good.  But having nausea and vomiting and very depressed,  hopefully this will stop soon.  The sutures come out Wednesday.  I sure hope this works and improves the quality of my life.

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Good for you!! Hope your recovery goes well too. Be sure to tell your Dr about the nausea/vomiting and depression. If you don't get better call your anathesiest. Sometimes it just takes medication from them that needs to be prescribed for the nausea/vomiting, caused  when they put us out,

• Posted

Debi, Congratulations!

But u shouldn't be nauseous & throwing up. There is anti nausea meds. Any time I take an opiod after surgery I take an anti nausea medication 1/2 hour before. Talk to your dr. There is no reason for u to suffer like that.

B sure & b proactive with your recovery, take care of yourself.

Karran

• Posted

Check with your doc about vomiting.  You lived with the pain 6 years so this was the way to go.  Hope you will be able to do all the things your pain kept you from doing and finally enjoy life again wink

• Posted

Thank you I am hopeful. I am seeing the doctor tomorrow to have sutures and discuss my vomiting. Thanks for responding and good wishes I wish you well too
  • Posted

Well deb I hope all is going well with your recovery. I had my second replacement on my same foot on oct 25 this one seems to be better then last one just started 50% weight bearing so am finally able to move around. Do u have a knee scooter? If not get one ok well let me know how u are doing my name is Tim
    • Posted

Hi Tim. I just got the knee scooter it's great. I'm only touch toe bearing for now but it's only been 2 weeks. Why did you need a second surgery?

• Posted

Well I had the first one last January and about June knew there was something wrong my foot kept pointing out no matter how I tried. Come to find out it started twisting on my shine bone and was turning out
    • Posted

I'm glad you are better now. I sure hope that doesn't happen to me. Good luck

• Posted

Yeah so do I. It's been a pretty lousy year I have to admit lol two surgeries fired from my job and pain for like six months lol can only get better 😏

• Posted

I know what your feeling I lost a lot since the accident in feb 2011. Car totaled, no more job, couldn't walk couldn't work lost a lot of "friends" that obviously were not really friends and the I was seeing for a year and a half walked out of my apartment for days after I came home and haven't seen him since. So believe I have had to deal with emotional as well as physical pain for the last 6 years. I'm hoping it will all be better soon for the both of us! Hope you have a Merry Christmas and a better new year 🎄

• Posted

Your right I said the same thing better I found out now who he really was and who my real friends were. I live in Maryland but I'm originally born and raised in Long Island New York. And you?

• Posted

U got that right I don't get many people talking to me anymore but that's ok I know true friends. I live in Illinois

• Posted

Thank goodness I have lots of friends I am lucky about that. I won't miss those other fake friends. Lol. My son just moved to Michigan never been to Illinois well let's hope for a better New Year!!!!!

• Posted

Illinois pretty much sucks unless u like crooked politications and long winters lol. Parts of Michigan are bueatiful hope he is in one of those lol
    • Posted

I hope so I plan on visiting him and my grandson in the spring
    • Posted

That will be nice he live in northern Michigan or eastern
    • Posted

lol I don't know but it's about 45 min from Detroit airport. I never asked lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.