just had my total ankle replacement

Posted , 7 users are following.

I finally did it!  Been 6 years from the car accident and the pain just kept getting worse.  Dec 6th was my surgery.  So its now exactly 2 weeks post op.  I'm handling the pain pretty good.  But having nausea and vomiting and very depressed,  hopefully this will stop soon.  The sutures come out Wednesday.  I sure hope this works and improves the quality of my life.

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Good luck - I'm a year in (almost to the day) it does get better

Steve

In GB

• Posted

Thank you that helps knowing your doing so good. After he took my stitches out he put me in a cast. I was surprised I had never been in a cast and this is my 5th surgery but my first ankle replacement the pain is already better than I was living with for 6 years. So I'm hopeful it's not yet 3 weeks post op but I feel it's going to be good for me. Merry Christmas!

• Posted

hi

after years of pain i have now got to the point where i have to make a decision on having the ankle replacement surgery.

what would your advice be as most of the anecdotal stuff is very negative ?

regards

• Posted

after years of pain i now have to decide if i go through with the ankle replacement surgery.

would you recommend it as most of the anecdotal evidence is not good ?

regards

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.