Just had today my rectocele surgery!!!!

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi Ladies, nice to say hello so soon after my op this morning.

I admit that I was too scared cos I have been reading lately so many negative experiences of rectocele op in the forum from some girls (lots of hugs for them!) except for the comments of some ladies such us Carole if I remember well.

I almost postpone the surgery, but my relatives and friends encouraged me to do it 💪🏼

And here I am, in hospital, I had the surgery this morning with local anesthesia and only stitches, not mesh.

Yesterday I couldn't evacuate properly with the enema so my dr told me to take a medicine prescribed for radiological tests. Thanks god it worked and I went to the op completely cleaned.

The surgery has lasted 90 minutes approximately, he fixed the rectocele, removed the stitches I still had from the other op, and removed some small tissue that was hanging from my previous scar.

So everything good except for the pain, it is quite painful and I feel the vagina too tight right now. Thanks to you Ladies i know that the pain is quite normal.

They have given me pain killers but the pain is still there...it's the first day and it was the expected.

See you later girls, the nurse (man) is coming to remove the pack inside... oh my goddddd

4 likes, 46 replies

46 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi ladies! Happy Xmas to you all!

Just to update... I had my post op check two days ago: my doc removed the external stitches ( quite painful!!!) and told me everything was going perfect. He has scheduled for the next 13rd January.

Nevertheless, I have some worries that I would like to share with you ladies. Yes, I shouldn't be worried if the doc has said everything is fine but...

Yesterday I looked at my vagina despite all your warnings and oh my god, the hole looks too small. I would swear that the doc inserted two fingers just to check it but the hole looks much smaller than after the cystocele surgery. Will it be flexible enough during intercourse?

Besides, I Inherited from the first op a very little piece of tissue protruding from the hole (vagina). Not bothering but I didn't want that there! So I asked the dr to remove it in the surgery and he agreed. I remind him before entering the surgery room not to forget to remove the old stitches and the small tissue and he smiled at me an "ok". Well... I have realized that the small piece of tissue is still there but now protruding through the scar near the hole .... weird... it seems like the dr has tried to hide it under the scar but now it's going out through the long scar. my husband has looked at it and he sais it's a funny hunging little tissue but I am a bit disappointed... 😪 Matron do you think I should insist to the dr that he should have cut it off?

Since he removed the stitches two days ago the pain almost has gone but still feeling a bulge in the rectum and still have a feeling of incomplete evacuation in the bathroom. I have to say that the BM are softer and I don't have to splint.

I wonder if you noticed the improvement in the BM just after the surgery or did you have to wait longer?

Thanks for listening, ladies!!! As you can tell I have a lot of fears... despite all the pain just after op I was encouraged and happy and now feeling a bit downhearted...😔 Hugs!!

• Posted

Hi Hijadeonagro,

Hope you have had a good Xmas, that's good news that almost is fine.

I'm sure everything will slacken off, try not to worry too much, if I'm right it is less than a fortnight post op so very early days as yet. As for still feeling bulge probably tissue still swollen from the surgery that will eventually go down over the coming weeks.

As the bulgy swelling goes down you should slacken off a little.

I still find at over 9 months post op I have days that I go regularly to toilet every morning and empty properly and feel great, while other days I go a few times throughout the day and never seem to empty properly. It can feel really uncomfortable on these days.

I seem to be more sensitive at the back end and aware more of feeling full, or heavy and bulge when no

• Posted

Sorry didn't mean to send unfinished.

- aware of feeling full or heavy and bulging when not completely emptying, very uncomfortable.

I'm sure it will all sort itself in time. You need to give it time to heal and allow swelling to go down.

Try not to worry, keep resting and only a couple of very short small walks a day and light pottering about for a little time like making light lunches from next week.

Hope you have a great new year and again let everyone else look after you.

Phyl x💖

• Posted

Thanks Phyl, as always you are there listening to us, thanks!

I will continue taking things easy, by the way I asked an appointment for this Friday cos I'm very very itchy down l, let's see if he can prescribe a cream or something... and I will ask also about my fears (specially the little tongue protruding). As for the buldge as you say maybe it's that the area is still swallen, we'll see with the pass of time.

Thanks Phyl. bTW what do you think about the vagina could be too small? I will ask him also for this. Hope he doesn't think I'm a bothering patient 😬

Hugs hon!!!!!

• Posted

Must admit I have had phases where I thought I had been sewn up too tight, then phases where I thought I would be to wide, but it all sorts itself in time.

It will feel tight until swelling goes down then feel pretty normal. After that stage I felt like it went too wide but then since using estriol and internal walls are thickening up and seems to have filled up the space.

It is so difficult not to be focused all the time on repair. These repairs can be so life changing and tend to take over our e erday life's, but try and distract yourself and focus on enjoying some time resting and spending holidays with family. We lead such busy life's it is good to kick back and catch up on some time for you and your family.

I still find it hard to grt through the day without mentioning my repair. I seem to spend most of my day focusing on how to protect my repair and prevent reprolapse.

I try not to worry about being too slack ot too tight, I now view it as my own designer vag and at the end of the day none of us - even this without repairs - will have the exact same vag, as long as it works !

All similar yet unique. My hubby reckons it stretches out to accommodate necessary size.

Hope this all helps a little, enjoy the winter break and look forward to a new beginning and longer days and warmer weather, you will be so much better by spring.

Take care,

Phyl x💖

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.