Just looking to talk to people who might truly understand what I deal with daily...

Posted , 5 users are following.

Well the title pretty much explains it....ever since I was young kid I've had a problem with excessively worrying over everything....it was just something that I could never help no matter as hard as I tried not too.....about 10 years ago I talked with a therapist and was diagnosed with depression..since then I've had up and downs of course but here the past 6 7 years I don't feel the depression has been so bad the problem is now I feel I have very severe anxiety...I almost positive I know what has triggered alot of these problems...I'll save that story for another post....I haven't actually spoken with another therapist to be clinically diagnosed with any type of anxiety disorder...but from all the reading and goggling I've done over the past few years I'm pretty sure I know that I have them...I feel I suffer from health anxiety. ..generalized anxiety....and i think all of this is linked to a form of PTSD.....first let me say...I know alot of people especially soldiers and veterans feel they are the only ones who suffer from PTSD...so I'm sorry if I offend any who might read this....anyways sorry for rambling....I just want to talk to people who understand who are kinda dealing with the same thing....it's hard going thru every day feeling this way...in a constant state of torment...just not being able to shake the anxious feelings and the intrusive thoughts....alot of people will talk to you and listen to your problems...but most don't really understand what your going thru and the others start to think you just sound like a broken record...I don't wanna be a burden on anybody by sounding so down on the time....I know this post has been kinda long....but anybody who is willing to read and respond with any type of feedback I greatly appreciate it...and I'm willing to talk to anybody who is looking for the same in just somebody to talk too....thanks

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I know exactly how you feel.  I was adopted when I was 11, and truely had noone I could confide in about my feelings.  I have established a close relationship with my brother, but again. He has his own life, taking care of kids.  I just feel that there is no true understanding for him, even though he has anxiety issues. He of course uses marijuana to deal with his.  When in my opinion is really only excaserbating his anxiety. I try telling him this but it's like talking to a wall.  Yes, you are exactly right that soldiers that come back from war, are not the only ones that suffer from PTSD.  Those of us that have had traumatic childhoods suffer from it.  People that have suffered from any traumatic event that tends to make them relive that traumatic experience, or feel the feelings of the traumatic event(s) suffer from PTSD.  I hope you are finding ways to cope.  Wish you the best. 
    • Posted

I'm sorry to hear that you had to deal with that...i know it had to be hard ...my girlfriends mom has anxiety and ocd and bipolar...and she swears by marijuana and

any cannabis related...she says that it calms her and helps alot...I use to be a big smoker back during my high school years but it's just not something I'm into now....I've read that it can make things worse depending on the individual so I totally agree with you....I'm glad somebody else see my point of view on the PTSD thing...alot of people think it's only exclusive to soldiers and vets and it's not...while I think a high number of them suffer from it more than the average civilian but anybody can suffer from it....the situation that triggered mines happen like 7 8 years ago...and there isn't one day that I don't at least think about it...or see something that reminds me...I'm constantly avoiding anything that will bring those memories back....it's very real

• Posted

Yes I believe those that smoke pot benefit from it, that is truely their peragative.  But will they be able to do when the pot is not their to bail them out? There are countless articles that I have read that marijuana certainly makes a lot of mental illness worse.  You mentioned that you avoid anything that reminds you of memories that may trigger you PTSD.  See I have managed to gain courage from not avoiding anything that triggers my anxieties.  Curious if I may ask what it was that that caused you to have PTSD?
  • Posted

constant state of torment, intrusive thoughts,most don't really understand what your going thru.... you just described my life with those sentences... of course i understand you.   i was diagnosed with OCD and generelized anxiety years ago. you re not alone!
    • Posted

If you don't mind me asking were your foster homes abusive? If you were taken around from your parents at an age you could understand what was going on, definitely was traumatizing?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.