Just need to blow off steam

Posted , 4 users are following.

I feel so aweful today. Hurting so badly and feel very sick to my stomach. Between the CP and Ra I just want to stay in bed forever. Of course I can't I have a beautiful little boy who needs me. Just wishing this would stop. I am tired of being sick. And missing out on things. Sorry if I sound like I am on a pitty party. I just feel so aweful today......

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Manda, I'm sorry that you are hurthing so much.  One thing you might want to consider is a spinal cord stimulator (SCS).  It essentially tells the brain you do not feel pain, you feel a tingling sensation.  I've had mine for almost 2 years and it has made a large difference in my life, as it has given me a better quality of life.  It is implanted in the loswer back and then small electrodes are attached to the spinal cord.  It comes with a remote control device that I can use stimulate different parts of the body with.  They have been using the SCS more and more with CP.  It helps to also get you off of the strong opitates as well.  It does not work with everyone, but I think it would be worth a trial run.  If you have any questions about it please let me know.  God Bless and my prayers are with you. 
    • Posted

William,

Ty so much for the advice. I hate pain meds I am only on Tramodol for pain. I don't like feeling out of control. That may be a good thing to try as I also have RA and Fybo. I truly appreciate you taking the time to tell me. I wish you well health and happiness always! xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.