JUST SAY NO!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

If whoever prescribes your medication suggests a benzodiazepine drug please tell them no and look for other options!

I weened off of 1.0 mg of Clonazepam after 3 months of taking it and have been totally off for a week after I weened off it over a 2 week period. I know I weened off too fast but I was feeling horrible on it but feel worse now obviously. Getting off this crap is a living hell and I can't believe they actually prescribe this crap and that I didn't do my homework on it but if your thinking about taking them please don't make that mistake!!

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Next
  • Posted

i withdraw a z-drug and a benzo three weeks off.........suffering
    • Posted

Good luck Anne and hopefully it gets easier for you soon and unfortunately I feel your pain..
    • Posted

thank you, i does not get easier..........it is above all description ......too much suffering from all of meds, a big big trauma!
    • Posted

I know how hard it is and the suffering is just crazy but we have to believe that it will get easier eventually even if it's going to take a while.

• Posted

To whoever reads this Rob is right avoid . Like he said do your homework.

I am now over 3 and half years off my benzo and other psych drugs.

I was told that I would need to take them for the rest of my life.

Well they were wrong smile 

Things do get better but it takes time.

One day at time is my motto.

• Posted

Just got back from my doctors visit and he feels my physical withdrawal symptoms may be caused by anxiety or other underlying issues after a little over a week off of it and my symptoms are atypical..Shows just how little these doctors understand the damage these benzo medications do and how hard it can be to get off them.
    • Posted

Did the Dr reccomend anything for the anxiety or try to discover what the underlying issue is?
    • Posted

I'm on Mirtazapine 22.5 mg and he wanted me to do the Clonazepam 1.0 mg while I changed to a different medication that was an ssri. I didn't tolerate the ssri medications at all and I ended up taking the Clonazepam too long without knowing how bad that they are.

I have talked about the underlying issues with himfor a while and I know where my life came of the rails but I'm tired of talking. I've spent all this time looking for a magic cure when I'm the only one who can deal with things that cause my anxiety and I need to learn how to cope better and stop looking to others all the time.

I'm taking the smallest dose of seroquel while I go through the withdrawal from Clonazepam also for insomnia but my eventual plan is to come off everything in time. My doctor wanted me to push the dosage up but I told him I'm done.

I've been 10 days off the Clonazepam and it really has been hell on earth but I've still worked the whole time and I'm still pushing forward. The Clonazepam side effects have been a real wake up call for me and I'm done playing with the Meds and hope to get off them once I stabilize. I can't put a time frame on how long it will take but all I know is that I will do it and I'm done beating my body up with these medications looking for the magic cure!

Benzodiazepine medications suck!!

• Posted

Well said Rob that Benzos suck.

Drs seem to think that one's problems will go away by taking pills.

They do not and as you rightly said that it is oneself that as to deal with

your own issues.

• Posted

I just hope that some others read this and stay away from this poison known as benzodiazepine medications and makes an informed choice before taking them as the consequences are unreal..

Nothing like the feeling of coming off a drug that your body is addicted to. It really is amazing how much damage these drugs really do to you in a short amount of time and how bad getting off them is. Never have come close in my life in experiencing anything like it and I know I won't ever again. The people who prescribe this medicine are definitely under informed about the damage they do and downplay it when people suffer so much coming off of them..

• Posted

rob, i tapered a benzo three weeks ago approximately, i took it for one year, it was not a big dose, do you think i can have big withdrawal until now or is it just my anxiety...?
    • Posted

It definitely takes time from all the research that I've done on the withdrawal period from benzodiazepine medication but everyone is different and some medications have longer half lives than others so it's hard to say.

From all I've read it seems like symptoms should start to alleviate by week three but they'll still be there but again it's hard to say because everyone reacts so differently. Being on a low dose hopefully makes your withdrawal period shorter and I wish you the best and hope all goes well with you going forward Anne!!

• Posted

thanks Rob, i know it can last i think as the brain adjusts
    • Posted

Anne as Rob as said it can be different for everyone and people must remember this when coming off benzos.

I have a friend who is still having problems 20 months off her benzo

and sadly there are lots of people like her.

I know it was the best thing that I did when I came off my benzo.

• Posted

Its just your body healing itself and learning to work again without the benzodiazepine med. I try to look at each day as just another day of healing and your body getting back closer to being your old self before we unfortunately put this crap into it..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.