JUST SAY NO!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

If whoever prescribes your medication suggests a benzodiazepine drug please tell them no and look for other options!

I weened off of 1.0 mg of Clonazepam after 3 months of taking it and have been totally off for a week after I weened off it over a 2 week period. I know I weened off too fast but I was feeling horrible on it but feel worse now obviously. Getting off this crap is a living hell and I can't believe they actually prescribe this crap and that I didn't do my homework on it but if your thinking about taking them please don't make that mistake!!

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Wow, 20 months off the benzodiazepine and your friend is still having some issues Tootsie. I don't know what your friend was taking and for how long but that is just awful to think it can affect you that long after getting off it..

I know I don't plan on feeling the after affects for that long and I'm hoping for a much quicker recovery time than that and I I have to believe that I will get better quicker than that.

• Posted

Rob if I told you that I know people who are still having issues years down the line. You probably wouldn't believe me as many others don't but it is true.

Some people are lucky and can come off them with no problems at all.

We are all different and this is what we must remember smile 

• Posted

I believe you it's just hard to comprehend that drugs that can do this to people are allowed to be prescribed at all.

It really p*sses me off that so many of us are subjected to the harm that this does and the thought of some people having to suffer so long after getting off of it just frustrates and saddens me..

• Posted

i have heard of it, long term issues.....i am in week 3 , awful panic attacks
    • Posted

I had them and I used to say to myself that they will pass and they did.

It is not easy and not nice when going through a panic attack.

One word of advice don't give in to them and pop a pill because you

will have to start again.

One day at a time is my motto.

Well done for coming off them

It does get better in time.

• Posted

thanks, i ll also have to change prozac, i cant stand it as it get me severely anxious and tense inside
  • Posted

Two weeks off of Clonazepam today and it has definitely been a struggle to say the least and still dealing with some of the same issues but I have felt better overall and I made it through most of the day yesterday without head pressure and feeling like my eyes were on fire.

I know I still have a ways to go but I feel like I'm a little more hopeful that things will get better eventually, just have to keep fighting and trying to stay positive through the tough times. Hopefully each week will get a little easier and I get better physically and emotionally, just wanted to keep everyone updated periodically on how I'm doing to hopefully help others dealing with getting off this poison.

• Posted

I know it will get better Tootsie I just have to be patient and keep believing that it will. It can be hard sometimes when it hits you hard and wears you down but I'm hoping I'll be so much stronger in the end after going through this because if I can get through this I know I can get through anything that life throws at me!!

• Posted

Couldn't of said it better Rob.

Time is a  great healer and it is so true.

• Posted

it is a big s*****!!!! 5 days i cut the last quarter of lormetazepam , a hynotic benzo, feel like s****!!!! weakness awful, dizziness, hypotension, panic attack, agoraphobia, paranoia...is it me or what? unable to walk, normally it should be better as the taper goes on? why is it worse????
    • Posted

Anne,

It's going to get worse before it gets better but it will happen. I tapered down quickly because I was experiencing side effects from the Clonazepam after taking it for 3 months.

I felt like crap during my taper period and felt worse while off of it. I've been off 18 days now and have been on a roller coaster with some good days lately and then some bad days but I just try to see the positive things that are happening.

I know how hard this is but you've just got to believe that better days will be ahead, I wish I could tell you when but everyone is so different on how long there recovery is that it's impossible to say. I had a really bad day yesterday and felt some despair but tomo

• Posted

Tomorrow is always another day and its one day closer to getting better!
    • Posted

thank you Rob, I know, but it is REAL NIGHTMARE , this poison made me housebound since several weeks, cant stand and walk , this is poison! i am sorry , thank you for your kind words, but now i just feel crap, my head is spinning even if i sit or stand up, housebound , no life, no life; thank you Rob i have to pass through this, only because of a small tiny f*****dose
    • Posted

Anne,

I know what your going through Anne and it has been a struggle each day to get through work and having to do normal daily chores and it definitely is poison that none of us ever expected to turn our lives upside down and leave us basically unable to hardly do anything.

You have to believe you will get better even though I know at times that seems impossible and you always have all of us to support you when times get tough and the symptoms are too overwhelming for you. Best of luck to you Anne and I pray that things get better for you soon!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.